Dvd Player/region Free?

uptou

are most dvd players sold in thailand region free now,or some makes better than others?

i'm looking at this from the point of veiw of getting dvds in from amazon.

thanks for any advice in advance.

Is there any way to elimnate the region settings on a computer DVD player. I have a PC tower, a PC laptop, and regrettably a too expensive Macbook.

I would love to watch some video from a country outside of Asia, but I hate giving up my 5 chances. You switch once to view then you got to switch back, and you lose 2 hits on one flick. Aren't laptops supposed to travel, how idiotic. :o

Depend on which you buy. But in general most DVD players sold in Thailand ARE locked. Most people don't actually realise it as most of the copies you buy on the street are Region Free and will play in any.

I recent purchased a Samsung HT-9 Home Theatre DVD - which is very good I'll add - however it's locked discovered after purchasing some Chinese DVDs which are region 6 not region 3.

However you can invaribly track down a free unlock code via google - however if it's a brand new model you might end up paying a few pounds/dollars for it.

Edit: Oh yeah if you need a hack the best place to look is: Free Hacks - Don't part with cash!

Edited by technocracy

Here is another web site giving free 'remote control' hack codes for most DVD players. even if the model numbers aren't exactly the same you will usually find one of that manufacturers codes will work. Give the page numbers at the bottom of the page time to download, there are 92 pages of manufacturers/models/hacks available. Edited by sumrit

Is there any way to elimnate the region settings on a computer DVD player. I have a PC tower, a PC laptop, and regrettably a too expensive Macbook.

I would love to watch some video from a country outside of Asia, but I hate giving up my 5 chances. You switch once to view then you got to switch back, and you lose 2 hits on one flick. Aren't laptops supposed to travel, how idiotic. :o

Google DVDRegionFree for lots of options.

Here is another web site giving free 'remote control' hack codes for most DVD players. even if the model numbers aren't exactly the same you will usually find one of that manufacturers codes will work. Give the page numbers at the bottom of the page time to download, there are 92 pages of manufacturers/models/hacks available.

Does anyone know a site other than this one, for unlocking DVD players. For some reason that site doesn't have the code for my JVC XV-S42.

Cheers