Centipede found in "famous brand" of tinned fish

webfact

9pm1.jpg

Picture: Siam Rath

A Thai mum called in the media after her daughter found something suspicious in a well-known brand of tinned fish.

It looked a bit like fish bones but on closer inspection there was no doubt - it was a centipede. 

Wilaiwan, who had ordered two tins of fish in a delivery from a convenience store, immediately contacted the company who produced the fish and was told to wait a week then someone would come round.

Why did I have to wait a week, thought mum.

Fearing that the centipede would be shrivelled up by that time she turned to Siam Rath.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

When their reporter arrived at the house in Thatoom, Prachinburi, and called the sales rep at the company they said: "We're on our way immediately".

Wilaiwan said it was just as well her 12 year old daughter Patthitta is so observant. 

She wants the company to investigate and improve their production methods. 

And she'll be checking every tin of tinned fish from now on. 

Not surprisingly in defamation crazy Thailand the brand of fish was not mentioned. 

Consumers can find themselves facing lawsuits just for complaining or stating the truth, notes ASEAN NOW. 

Aetna Platinum+ Light on premium, great on coverage

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-03-22

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

It could have been worse if they were eating and found half a centipede. 

the centipede, is predacious, meaning that it hunts prey, and is capable of inflicting a painful bite on humans. However, once the head – and its pincers - is removed, a centipede makes a nutritious, tasty morsel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, digger70 said:

the centipede, is predacious, meaning that it hunts prey, and is capable of inflicting a painful bite on humans. However, once the head – and its pincers - is removed, a centipede makes a nutritious, tasty morsel.

You could say the same about a human.....

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, webfact said:

Wilaiwan, who had ordered two tins of fish in a delivery from a convenience store

Hmmmm..delivery..convenience store...now let me think who that could be......????

And while im thinking of the name of this elusive store it was located across the street from mum...but she still had it delivered--thainess 101

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

Hmmmm..delivery..convenience store...now let me think who that could be......????

And while im thinking of the name of this elusive store it was located across the street from mum...but she still had it delivered--thainess 101

My in laws use the motorbike to get noodles from the shop, and it is 50 metres up the road!!!!!

Then they question why the battery in the bike keeps going flat.............:crazy:

16 hours ago, Grusa said:

You could say the same about a human.....

Yep,  for sure they called them Long Pig.

They say that Human taste like Pig , One has to ask the cannibals.

What's the best part of a human to eat?

The thighs would be among the most nutrient-dense parts, packing in 13,354 calories; the upper arms would provide 7,451 calories; the brain and spinal cord 2,706, the liver 2,569 and the heart just 650. All of that, however, would not last long—and here is where cannibalism becomes a bad survival strategy.Apr 6, 2560 BE

THE CANNIBAL ISLANDS. HOW THE FIJIANS COOK AND ...

https://newspapers.bc.edu › ...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

My in laws use the motorbike to get noodles from the shop, and it is 50 metres up the road!!!!!

Then they question why the battery in the bike keeps going flat.............:crazy:

lol--my thai friends motorbike battery died today too!!!!   

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, rickudon said:

Usually, when i have opened a tin of fish in tomato sauce in Thailand, i end up searching for the fish ...... In Europe you get twice as much sardine in a can.

Small fish in a big sea ... of tomato sauce.