Getting the Insurance Issue Straight...

What or where can you get a straight answer? 

Example:

- For Thailand Pass, Test & Go:  20,000 USD?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

- For Visa: "O" Retired (not O-A !) renewal?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

I have gotten too many conflicting responses...

????

45 minutes ago, D M G said:

For Thailand Pass, Test & Go:  20,000 USD?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

Medical care and covid 19. You only need 30 days of coverage. Check the policies shown here. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

45 minutes ago, D M G said:

For Visa: "O" Retired (not O-A !) renewal?  Type of Coverage?  Duration?

No insurance is needed for any amount of time.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Medical care and covid 19. You only need 30 days of coverage. Check the policies shown here. https://tqm-app.com/static/thailandpass/index.html

No insurance is needed for any amount of time.

Unfortunately, I have different insurance brokers telling me different stories.  The highest was I needed 3.5 million THB.  I was also told by another, I must have 100,000 USD unless married to a Thai.  Another said, "O" and "OA" had different requirements.  Any then there is the news media saying insurance coverage is dropping...

Bottom line, "O" Non-Imm Retirement Visa, and Test and Go to enter.  20,000 USD & 30 day coverage, even if I stay longer.  Correct?  ????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, D M G said:

Unfortunately, I have different insurance brokers telling me different stories.  The highest was I needed 3.5 million THB.  I was also told by another, I must have 100,000 USD unless married to a Thai.  Another said, "O" and "OA" had different requirements.  Any then there is the news media saying insurance coverage is dropping...

The immigration order for extensions of stay has not been changed to require insurance for a extension of a permit to stay from from a non-o visa. The agents are trying to sell something that is not required.

2 minutes ago, D M G said:

Bottom line, "O" Non-Imm Retirement Visa, and Test and Go to enter.  20,000 USD & 30 day coverage, even if I stay longer.  Correct? 

That is correct.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, D M G said:

Don't go to the insurance broker. You need a TP to enter Thailand. Insurance brokers won't give you TP. Go to TP Website and from there buy a 30-day policy for 650 Baht. That's As simple as that. Enjoy.

Edited by Onerak
  • Thanks 1