Update on the long-delayed paid for Moderna jabs

cliveshep

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Got to admit.....I looked at that and straight away thought "no way Giuseppe"........ .not here in Thailand

I almost got sucked into it as well, but then decided after talking to a friend who works at MedPark hospital to wait, and then the next day the sign-up came out and on it I went......Had the GF and Housekeeper also jabbed through another location that was assisting Expat families and employees.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Darkside Gray said:

Still cannot believe that people paid for these jabs in advance?  

Paid BPH for Moderna in Dec and we got our booster jabs last week ( following 2 AZs each) having been sent the link for appointments by BPH. Did this to avoid standing in long Omicron risk queues at free vaccination centres. Strangely mainly youngish Thais at BPH with very few farangs. Vaccination service very quick and efficient. Money well spent.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Made the mistake of paying them back in June/July '21. The very next day got an appointment from  Bumrungrad Hospital for my free Pfizer shots. Haven't heard back from the other place (yet) re appointment or refund. Well, I guess somebody has to help make up for all the lost tourist $$$$ ????

• Haha 1

Regarding the OP's post the interval between Moderna boosters is 3 months at MedPark and has been for some time. Refer to MedPark's FB page. At least one other leading hospital in Bangkok has the same interval.

I had the second Moderna vaccine at Medpark yesterday, 3 months after the first. From entering to leaving the hospital it was less than 15 minutes with no requirements to sit for 20 minutes post vaccination as was the case the previous 3 times.  As always superbly organised.

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 8:10 AM, rimmae2 said:

I had the second Moderna vaccine at Medpark yesterday, 3 months after the first. From entering to leaving the hospital it was less than 15 minutes with no requirements to sit for 20 minutes post vaccination as was the case the previous 3 times.  As always superbly organised.

These Moderna jabs at Medpark, etc., are free? I've had 3 Pfizer jabs, and following new U.S. CDC guidance, will be looking to get a 2nd booster in the next few months. Unsure what interval should be.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, david_je said:

These Moderna jabs at Medpark, etc., are free? I've had 3 Pfizer jabs, and following new U.S. CDC guidance, will be looking to get a 2nd booster in the next few months. Unsure what interval should be.

The most recent information from Medpark and another well known hospital in BKK does not list timescales for 3 Pfizer followed by 1 Moderna, maybe because in the early days Pfizer was not available in Thailand so this would not apply to many people.

You can ask any well known hospital if there is a stipulated interval and if not would they give you a 2nd booster. 

• Haha 1

On 3/27/2022 at 8:10 AM, rimmae2 said:

Regarding the OP's post the interval between Moderna boosters is 3 months at MedPark and has been for some time. Refer to MedPark's FB page. At least one other leading hospital in Bangkok has the same interval.

I had 2 plus 1 booster of Pfizer not Moderna all free and both on the telephone and from the nurses Pfizer boosters are still 6 monthly at Med Park. Whether that will change before my next booster is due is in the lap of the Gods or that <deleted> Anutin. I don't care, but paying for my wife meant that she would get Moderna, free Pfizer not available for her age group as she is a lot younger than I, like exactly half my age.

Many Thais have been left out in the cold for a long time insofar as getting decent, or indeed any, jabs is concerned. They could get Sinovac if they queued up  in crowded locations but given the short half-life who would block later options to get Moderna or Pfizer by accepting what might as well be salt water for all the good it is supposed to be.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cliveshep said:

Many Thais have been left out in the cold for a long time insofar as getting decent, or indeed any, jabs is concerned. They could get Sinovac if they queued up  in crowded locations but given the short half-life who would block later options to get Moderna or Pfizer by accepting what might as well be salt water for all the good it is supposed to be.

Yes, many Thais have had a hard time as you say. We paid for a few of our Thai friends to have Moderna. Good investment.

• Haha 1

• 7 months later...

I have demanded full refund for my moderna at medpark. That was in August.

For 3 months they have not replied.

Today they said they don't have moderna and will offer pfitzer instead.

That is plain scam.

"Dear Sir,

Please accept our apologies for the delay response caused you. We raised your message to the vaccine management team to make the final decision how to compensate for customers who could not get Moderna intime

We would like to invite you to get Pfizer vaccine instead of Moderna starting every Friday Nov 23 until Friday 23 Dec, 2022.

If you would like to come to get Pfizer, please inform us we can arrange the appointment for you every Friday.

If you have any further inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Warmest regards,

Patient Access Officer

0?ui=2&ik=a81ff4962c&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1749540619096766375&th=18479dec716137a7&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9HZqz_mC8OkIS4IHEu-KaeyKK3hO-DoFLP0IitozKqILvTZX86re_UyhHaI5ML6DdweVKBrm_Idt-uYK34DUZ--cJ_bYwPT4xmwyd_PORpyxgsTV-EB1P0nGo&disp=emb

Phone: +66 2 023 3333

Email:   [email protected]
MedPark Hospital "