Recommadations

roger101

I've asked this before but when I went back to look for it I couldn't find it, Well, we all know how good ASE ANS search engine is. So try again. I want a cheap phone. Mainly to use Bolt and have GPS  (if I brake down).

Camera I'm not worried about (it has to be better than the 15 year old camera I already have). Also what package to go with it, I don't make many phone calls.

By cheap I mean about 3 or 4,000 Baht but will go up   if I have too.

I look forward to your  many helpful suggestions and in anticipation Thank you

The thing about cheap phones is that they don't last long. The software will get out of date, then the latest versions of apps (like Bolt, etc.) won't work anymore. That and they are frustrating because the keyboard is unresponsive or the battery life sucks.

There are basic phones though and they aren't too expensive. Just don't buy a cheap <deleted>ty chinese phone thinking it'll be a good backup because you'll want to throw it against the wall every time you use it.

You want a phone that will be steady with software updates. Apple is good about that, in Android that means a Google phone, like Google Pixel. Second to that is a Samsung phone. If you bump your budget up a little bit you can get an iPhone SE 2020 or a Google Pixel 4 for about 7,000-8,000 baht. 

Also buy a new phone, not a second hand phone. A second hand phone has probably been worked on by some <deleted> and something won't work right.

Then again, you can just go to 7-11, ask them which phones cost 4,000 baht and get that one. Maybe you'll be happy with it.

A friend of mine has recently been in the same situation,he needed a very simple phone for limited purposes.
He got himself a new Oppo A57 from Lazada, about 1500Baht.
The phone does everything that is required, all Apps are working, 2 SIM slots AND a memory card slot.
Mind you, that model is already a few years old, so you won't get any OS updates anymore, but works fine, fast GPS, good battery life and fast response.

For something a bit modern and still budget-orientated, check Lazada (or any other store) for a Xiaomi Redmi 9.
Its various models start around 3000Baht.

I very much second the recommendation of not buying a second hand phone, prices are too high, quality is dubious.

Xiaomi are having a 'surprise' birthday sale from the 27th; https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/xiaomi/?itemId=2642872256&spm=a2o4m.pdp_revamp.seller.1.57ed1afdHuqyld&path=promotion-32229-0.htm&tab=promotion&channelSource=pdp

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop/xiaomi/

The Redmi Note 10 4GB/64GB will go for perhaps 4.5k. 

If really the most basic is needed, the 2GB/32GB Redmi 9A for 2,650 baht.