"Fresh" meats Surin town and Prasat

bubblegum

Local markets do not sell aged beef. And with a temperate of 35 + decrees Celsius, flies having a feast, I do not much like these local markets.

BTW. It is actually that hot right now even early mornings. Well when the sun is up. I don't visit markets at nighttime being nightblind.

32 minutes ago, meatboy said:

our local market [yamho[ korat our supplier you have to order the day before,and if you dont pick it up by 7am.its gone.

I like to go as early as possible. 5 am is a great time to buy meat at the market. The meat is so fresh its almost still breathing.555. Great for chicken and pork.

To the OP.........As for aged beef, get a vacuum packer and age it yourself. 

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 2:54 PM, DILLIGAD said:

Have you tried 'Nookies Delights' . He makes bi-weekly deliveries to Surin.

He also has a farang get together (drinking session) on a Sunday, just outside of Nong Ki off of route 24, where you can buy many different farang foods. https://nookiesdelights.3baht.net/docs/Nookies Price List.pdf

https://www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net/

Edited by IvorBiggun2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2022 at 1:45 PM, highlander403 said:

you can always age it yourself by tightly wrapping it in clingfilm, no air must get in and leave in fridge for 21 or more days

Yeah my brother in law does it that way but you;re still left with more or less <deleted>ty beef.

On 3/23/2022 at 7:03 PM, bubblegum said:

Local markets do not sell aged beef !!

Aged beef requires refrigerated storage and rather strict humidity control, both are possible here, neither are inexpensive, I’m sure that there are some places selling it but it isn’t price competitive.