Good supermarkets/shops to find western foods in Korat town.

Toolong

I have to go to Korat immigration and while I'm up there (I live in Pakchong and so quite a distance to travel) I would like to try and make it a more worthwhile trip, involving finding food items that I can't get here in Pakchong. Specifically western type foods (I'm British....yeah, I know about British 'cuisine' and its reputation! ???? Anyway, doesn't have be British...)

I know in Bangkok, the 'Villa' supermarkets are (or at least were) generally the 'go to' places for such stuff.

How about Korat? ???? 

PS....btw, for what it's worth, I found Central supermarket (or is it 'Tops'?) in The Mall a bit disappointing. 

Suggestions & ideas would be appreciated. 

Agree the Tops in Central doesn't have the best selection these days.  Although noticed some Pukka pies and sausage rolls in there last week.

The Makro Food Service store, a couple of KM along the 224 road from the turning to the immigration office has a few nice bits and pieces.  Sausages, Cheeses and a variety of other imported goods.  The Gourmet Market in The Mall in the city centre also has a few nice things although pricey.

Best place I have found though is via https://www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net/.  Great selection of tinned and frozen foods.  Depending on exactly where you are, not too far from you if you want to visit, (take a cold box), and he also does deliveries to various places.  

32 minutes ago, grs90 said:

Agree the Tops in Central doesn't have the best selection these days.  Although noticed some Pukka pies and sausage rolls in there last week.

The Makro Food Service store, a couple of KM along the 224 road from the turning to the immigration office has a few nice bits and pieces.  Sausages, Cheeses and a variety of other imported goods.  The Gourmet Market in The Mall in the city centre also has a few nice things although pricey.

Best place I have found though is via https://www.nookiesdelights.3baht.net/.  Great selection of tinned and frozen foods.  Depending on exactly where you are, not too far from you if you want to visit, (take a cold box), and he also does deliveries to various places.  

Yes Paul is you man if you are in Buriram.

He delivers to a few places or will put your order on a bus.

Have a look at the price list in the post above.

Edited by Lite Beer

35 minutes ago, grs90 said:

Thanks, grs90. I've passed that Makro quite a few times. I will stop and give it a gander. 

Nookie's delight looks very interesting. I will definitely give that a closer look. Looks darned popular that's for sure. ????

Thanks for taking the trouble to send me this info', grs90....I really appreciate it. Cheers, man. ????????

7 minutes ago, Farma said:

Try koratchef. A small shop with western food. Sausages, pies, Western packaged food.

Seen koratchef ads on facebook. Looks good. Was guessing someone may recommend it, and indeed you have, Farma. I shall find directions to it and give it a try.

Thanks, I appreciate it. ????????