Korat Imm TM30

Last July I did my retirement visa and after having copies made and new forms to be signed I was sent to a small room next to the "90 day report" room. I was informed I had to pay a 900 baht fine, I thought it was a scam for verification of address  or something and said I wasn't going to pay and wanted to speak with the boss. 

I was handed my papers and let into the main room. My daughter was me and removed the sticker "no TM30" from my papers and I took a number and was processed as usual with no mention of TM30.

I have been in Thailand 30 years continuous and in the same house for 29 years. My adult daughter is listed on the house Tianban and has been acting as my proof of residence the last 10 years with no problem. After 29 years this is the first time I have been asked for a TM30. 

How can I get around this problem in time for my next retirement visa in July. Would I be the one or my daughter be the one applying online? Or is there an another way? 

I live a long way from Imm and once a year is more than enough forme.

You daughter would do the the TM30 report since is the owner of your residence.

Since it should be a one time thing unless you leave and re-enter with a new visa it would not be worth the trouble to register to do it online. She can complete it and submit it in person.

Think Korat getting more picky. Had the same

"notification of aliens address" slip in my passport 

for the last five years. When doing my recent 

extension the document checker had a small 

seizure saying the slip needed to be updated,

so, like you, was duly dispatched to Room 101.

The "update", with exactly the same information

actually took longer to process than my extension. 

Edited by dick turpin

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You daughter would do the the TM30 report since is the owner of your residence.

Since it should be a one time thing unless you leave and re-enter with a new visa it would not be worth the trouble to register to do it online. She can complete it and submit it in person.

Can she do it the same day that I apply for retirement extension. Like I mentioned it is a pretty long trip to Korat Imm. Can the local police do it or TM30 Imm only? Is there a form we can download and fill in beforehand?

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, livram said:

Can she do it the same day that I apply for retirement extension. Like I mentioned it is a pretty long trip to Korat Imm. Can the local police do it or TM30 Imm only? Is there a form we can download and fill in beforehand?

She could do it the same day you do your extension.

It can only be done at immigration.

Download: TM30 Form Notification of aliens staying at a residence101.92 kB · 1348 downloads

7 minutes ago, davidill said:

I have similar situation if my niece fills in the form and signs it will it be accepted if I take it with me?

Yes 

But copies of house book and ID card will need to be attached to it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/26/2022 at 12:21 PM, livram said:

How can I get around this problem in time for my next retirement visa in July. Would I be the one or my daughter be the one applying online? Or is there an another way? 

I live a long way from Imm and once a year is more than enough forme.

Might be worth your (and your daughter's) while checking with Korat Immigration whether they would be prepared to accept a mailed-in TM30 + supporting info & a return SAE, as in the case of a mailed-in TM47 90-day report. Certainly my local office (Rayong) raised no objection when I submitted a TM30 completed by my wife together with a TM47 90-day report to them by EMS a while back.

22 hours ago, OJAS said:

Might be worth your (and your daughter's) while checking with Korat Immigration whether they would be prepared to accept a mailed-in TM30 + supporting info & a return SAE, as in the case of a mailed-in TM47 90-day report. Certainly my local office (Rayong) raised no objection when I submitted a TM30 completed by my wife together with a TM47 90-day report to them by EMS a while back.

Good idea, may give it a try.