Thai Tax ID whats the latest in obtaining one

I am looking to get a thai tax id in order to fulfill bank demands but also to get more protection under DBA agreement between Germany and Thailand. I assume that if push comes to shove, the German side will give up if I show Thai Tax Id plus 183 day s onetay in TH.

I am on NON OA Visa, arrived in Jan 22.

To apply for a TIN you'll need to show the following documents at the tax office:
  1. Valid passport with a valid visa or visa exemption.
  2. Lease agreement of six months or greater, including a copy of the landlord's ID.
  3. Proof that you have spent at least 180 days of the last 365 days in Thailand (past entry stamps on passport)

Other link claims something different no lease agreement just house registration book how would that look like?

https://www.wikiprocedure.com/index.php/Thailand_-_Obtain_Tax_Identification_Number_(TIN)_and_TIN_Card

This does not make sense  to me. Is the lease agreement really needed? If i already have spent 180 days in TH what is the need for a lease agreement in the future.

I would like to get a Tax Id as soon as possible.

Apparently only possible at day 180., Is it possible to get one before?

Anyone here managed to obtain tax ID in Hua Hin? Possible to use agent, prices? to file

If one has a Thai Tax Is, is it mandatory to file tax declaration with zero? Costs involved

Edited by stat

If you have a copy of the house book and home owners ID you will not need a lease agreement.

Copies of passport picture and visa/extension pages.

Reason for requesting a TIN.

Best to take someone who speaks Thai with you. 

The required form is below.

Did mine a few months ago and went with my son and had no issues. I am on a retirement extension and could prove I had been here for a lot longer than 6 months

lp101_110355_220329_070909.pdf

• Thanks 1

I received one in Bangkok in February at a revenue office around Sukhumvit Soi 21. No problem getting one. Same reason; not be taxed on my bank account. They were really helpful. The woman staff person assisted in filling out the form, and making any other copies she needed--I think Visa and extension stamp, as I had brought a copy of the photo page. There was also a copy of my lease, and I brought a letter from the bank stating I needed a tax ID for bank purposes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/28/2022 at 9:27 AM, KarenBravo said:

I went to a tax lawyer who got me mine. I have no businesses in Thailand.

Cost me 15k and I believe you can do it cheaper yourself, but hassle free, the money was worth it.

It cost me 0 Baht, just a nice lunch for my long haired translator, it took about an hour in a very rural tax office.

• Thanks 1

I obtained a Thai Tax ID number about a year ago. I went to the tax office in the Times Square building on Sukhumvit Rd. The only documents required were:-

- Form L.P. 10.1 (individual)
- Passport (with a valid visa)
- Residence Certificate
- Letter from Landlord

Took less than 1/2 hr. Cost nothing. No translator required. You only need enough basic Thai to get the point accross. Told them my investment broker required it. They were quite happy to issue it after hearing the word "broker" a few times.

Edited by Kaptain Asia
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 10:44 PM, Kaptain Asia said:

I obtained a Thai Tax ID number about a year ago. I went to the tax office in the Times Square building on Sukhumvit Rd. The only documents required were:-

- Form L.P. 10.1 (individual)
- Passport (with a valid visa)
- Residence Certificate
- Letter from Landlord

What should be stated in the letter from the landlord? Thanks!

Is it mandatory to file a tax return with a tax ID and how difficult is it if one just enters zeroes due to capital not been transfered back to Thailand in the same year.

Thanks!

Was the letter from the bank you took with you from a Thai bank or western one?   Also wondering whether I would be required to file a tax return each year if I am issued with a Thai Tin solely to satisfy bank requirements.  Thanks.