ANZ Bank Australia unable to make a transfer to here

Has anyone else had the same problem. 3 days spent trying to use their internet banking site to transfer money to my account in Thailand where i live. There is a box to scroll down what county the scroll down does not work so typed it in, clicked the ' I agree box' and all other relevant info. Press continue, and it just returns to the same page. You can not download their App unless you have a Oz number. My address with them is here. They are very anal retentive about anyone not in OZ.  Phoning them is also a waste of time and money as they send you round in circles until your  credit of 1k baht is depleted, this always seems to happen when the exchange rate is in my favour.

Anyone with similar experience with ANZ ????? 

If you want to discuss issues they have a FB and chat through messenger. Will reply in time. I'm currently using remitly to transfer funds to BB as takes 5 mins at around $5. Reasonable exchange rates given 25 baht to dollar. Maybe use webpage log in rather than app. A few pointers.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Open an online account with Bank Australia or UP Bank owned by Bendigo Bank.

Forget about Bank Australia. All they care about is green dogma, have archaic systems, and impose ridiculously tiny limits on transferring your own money. I tried them out once, then went back to Commonwealth Bank. 

• Thanks 1

I use an International Telegraphic Transfer which costs me $30. ANZ bank does the transfer via Amex. Transferred $32,000 a week ago.

Perhaps the OP needs to speak with a real person to resolve the issue.

15 hours ago, Haveasay said:

If you want to discuss issues they have a FB and chat through messenger. Will reply in time. I'm currently using remitly to transfer funds to BB as takes 5 mins at around $5. Reasonable exchange rates given 25 baht to dollar. Maybe use webpage log in rather than app. A few pointers.

I do use their webpage on my laptop, the reason I mentioned an app was that if you want to up your daily limit from 10k you must download their app which you can not do outside Oz or at least without an OZ sim. You can send a lot more over the phone with only one fee of 18 aud  but last time i tried after 30 min of being sent round in circles i gave up and so did my phone credit, and up until a few years ago you were not allowed even to do that if you were not in Oz. But i will try FB if i really must.

Thank you for all your replies, Breaking news !  After sending them a secure e-mail, and a message to their complaints page, and a message on one other page, over the last few days not that they have answered any of them except an auto generated one giving me a 13 13 number that can not be used outside Oz, I have tried yet again and successfully made a transfer, just waiting now for SMS from BKB.  

4 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Thank you for all your replies, Breaking news !  After sending them a secure e-mail, and a message to their complaints page, and a message on one other page, over the last few days not that they have answered any of them except an auto generated one giving me a 13 13 number that can not be used outside Oz, I have tried yet again and successfully made a transfer, just waiting now for SMS from BKB.  

Money came through in 24 hrs ! AUD must be on rise even more.

19 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I use an International Telegraphic Transfer which costs me $30. ANZ bank does the transfer via Amex. Transferred $32,000 a week ago.

Perhaps the OP needs to speak with a real person to resolve the issue.

30 AUD ? when their fee is only 18 AUD. 

42 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

30 AUD ? when their fee is only 18 AUD. 

It may be extra because I am not actually banking with ANZ, I bank with a credit union that routes the ITT through ANZ.