TV for thai partners

andrian1966

Hi everyone

Ive used WizzTV for my expats tv for around 4 years now and as much as there excellent providing Live sports and tv channels for expats  im looking to get movies with thai subtitles for my wife

she currently uses Netflix but its getting more expensive 5000+ a year now,  im paying 2500 a year for my wizztv service does anyone know anything same as Netflix where all the movies are available but lot cheaper

ive tested a few iptv providers and find 90% are terrible and just buffer or poor service so i dont which to change my wizztv iptv user

thanks for any help in advance

If you have a smart TV, android box or similar - then AIS provide an app that gets you all the Thai channels and movies for free (as long as you have or know someone with a AIS mobile telephone number). AIS also manage Disney+ which is 30B a subscription service. 

Alternatively learn to download from torrents, all the Netflix shows and movies are available for free, with Thai subtitles.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 1

Are you able to record programmes for later viewing in WizzTV?

I have been using TVMucho and it is okay but I can't watch ITV and channel 4 catchup TV.

I can watch BBC iplayer separately with a free VPN but it doesn't work on ITV player.

12 minutes ago, recom273 said:

If you have a smart TV, android box or similar - then AIS provide an app that gets you all the Thai channels and movies for free (as long as you have or know someone with a AIS mobile telephone number). AIS also manage Disney+ which is 30B a subscription service. 

Free?? Are you sure?

Hi yes i watch all ITV etc on the 7 day catchup thats included, i try to record but find it hard as my memory fills up really easy, but with having the catch up channes i find i dont need to record from them, used them for over 4 years been perfect just which the cinema movies had thai sub to keep the wife happy

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Free?? Are you sure?

Yes, its free .. all the live Thai TV channels that used to come with True satellite TV are all free. I believe true offer the same service for their customers, but cant confirm.

https://aisplay.ais.co.th/portal/

Its not iplayer, by any means, you can watch older series but I dont think they offer an instant catchup service like the BBC.

If you have an AIS number, you just follow the instructions and an SMS with a code is sent to you. Easy.

They stream 1080P streams over the internet which is far better than BBC 720, and ITVs pathetic SD stream.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, andrian1966 said:

my friend set this up for her but just buffers all the time, thats the problem with these free cheap sites, im happy to pay for a subscription service but not the price Netflix is now charging

300 baht a month is to much for you to pay? Really.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, andrian1966 said:

my friend set this up for her but just buffers all the time, thats the problem with these free cheap sites, im happy to pay for a subscription service but not the price Netflix is now charging

Is this in Thailand? My wife says it never buffers for her.

What internet speed is available or try reducing the viewing quality to 360?

8 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

300 baht a month is to much for you to pay? Really.....

For some it could be, no problem in that if one has more priority needs elsewhere.

And if Netflix raise their prices then I too will stop using it.

Edited by userabcd

1 minute ago, userabcd said:

For some it could be, no problem in that if one has more priority needs elsewhere.

Very True, but when it comes to appeasing a Thai lady then a little coin can sometimes go a long way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andrian1966 said:

she currently uses Netflix but its getting more expensive 5000+ a year now,  im paying 2500 a year for my wizztv service does anyone know anything same as Netflix where all the movies are available but lot cheaper

HBOGo + Monomax for 3bb subscribers .......... 40bht a month on top of your internet fees.

Monomax is with Thai dubbing and Thai subs.

ZERO buffering on either.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1