Day Friday COVID test

Arrival day is Day 0 (zero).

Thus: If you arrive on Friday 1st April, you submit your ATK test on day 5 which is Weds 6th April. 

All of that said none of this seems to have been taken seriously by any of the authorities - the whole idea of the 5th day ATK is nothing more than pantomime.

The Mor Promp App for a lot of people doesn’t work at all.

The Mor Promp App for a lot of people does not receive ‘notification’ from which to select the link to submit the day 5 ATK result. 

Some people submit their day 5 ATK result to the hotel. 

Some people don’t bother. 

There has not been any news at all of people being chased or apprehended for not submitting an ATK result on day 5. I don’t believe for a second that there is a 100% submission rate. I don’t believe for a second any of this is being checked at all. 

Thus: Don’t worry about it - just send the ATK to the hotel on any day you want - no one cares !!!! 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

My ASQ Hotel counted arrival day as day 1 when I needed to book the room for second PCR test. And I arrived 25 minutes before midnight.

Same for my Friend, he Arrive close to midnight on Saturday 26, was told to do Self ATK on Wednesday 30.

Edited by Eaglekott

I  asked several people hotel and hospital if arrival was day zero or day one nobody could answer.

So I figured it was OK to call it day one as I landed at noon. On day five I went back to the Hospital at noon and was turned away and had to come back next day.

Very disorganized compared to ASQ and sandbox. The app does not work well I am convinced Thailand cannot integrate the data anyway.

Does anywhere even check the day 5 ATK tests? I was given the test when checking in to the T&G hotel. As soon as I got negative PCT test I did the ATK (negative) and put it back in the box. No instuctions were given on what to do with the test result anyway. Nobody has called or emailed to ask for it. The test kit still sits in my bathroom cabinet.

On 3/30/2022 at 7:45 AM, Eaglekott said:
On 3/29/2022 at 9:21 AM, richard_smith237 said:

My ASQ Hotel counted arrival day as day 1 when I needed to book the room for second PCR test. And I arrived 25 minutes before midnight.

Same for my Friend, he Arrive close to midnight on Saturday 26, was told to do Self ATK on Wednesday 30.

On 3/31/2022 at 6:24 AM, Captain Monday said:

I  asked several people hotel and hospital if arrival was day zero or day one nobody could answer.

So I figured it was OK to call it day one as I landed at noon. On day five I went back to the Hospital at noon and was turned away and had to come back next day.

Very disorganized compared to ASQ and sandbox. The app does not work well I am convinced Thailand cannot integrate the data anyway.

There we are... As is the norm in Thailand, lack of clarity in any of the requirements / information leads to confusion. 

But... the reality is, we think about this stuff more than the authorities ever do...  have you heard of the phrase... ‘Farang think too much’ ?? this is an example.....  Don’t think.. just do the ATK on day 4 or 5, erm or 6 depending on where you start counting !!!!

On 3/31/2022 at 7:02 AM, soi3eddie said:

Does anywhere even check the day 5 ATK tests? I was given the test when checking in to the T&G hotel. As soon as I got negative PCT test I did the ATK (negative) and put it back in the box. No instuctions were given on what to do with the test result anyway. Nobody has called or emailed to ask for it. The test kit still sits in my bathroom cabinet.

Nobody cares at all.....  except for a handful of us westerners who give pause for thought about what may happen if we are caught not complying with emergency degree regulations !!!.... 

On 3/31/2022 at 11:02 AM, soi3eddie said:

You did the day 5 ATK test as soon as you got the results of your PCR test on arrival results at the T& G hotel?

Why do you think it's called the day 5 test?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

There we are... As is the norm in Thailand, lack of clarity in any of the requirements / information leads to confusion. 

But... the reality is, we think about this stuff more than the authorities ever do...  have you heard of the phrase... ‘Farang think too much’ ?? this is an example.....  Don’t think.. just do the ATK on day 4 or 5, erm or 6 depending on where you start counting !!!!

Nobody cares at all.....  except for a handful of us westerners who give pause for thought about what may happen if we are caught not complying with emergency degree regulations !!!.... 

I find that if I just do what they want, don't question it or debate endlessly with the like-minded about whether the data is ever looked at or if they even know what they're doing, I have loads more time to do really interesting stuff.