Mixed messages regarding 'Foreign Insurance Certificate".

I'm applying for a Non Immigrant O-A Visa in my home country for a long stay in Thailand.

I have emailed both the Thai Consulates in Sydney and Canberra regarding the (blank) Foreign Insurance Certificate that you can download from their websites. Both their responses did not quite answer my question.

What is the Foreign Insurance Certificate actually for?

I assumed (as they use the word 'Foreign') that I only used this form if I am using an Australian Health Insurer for my Covid/Health Insurance i.e, Medibank Private.

They tell me this is the form I fill out when I use a Thai Insurer (from their list). If that is the case, how do I get their info and signature on the form and call it an 'original'.. so I can make a certified copy?

Does this mean there are two lots of Insurance documents? 

On the Visa Application website there are 2 paragraphs requiring 2 Health Insurance documents.  Thai Health Insurance AND Foreign Insurance Certificate!  

If I use a Thai Health Insurer what is the ACTUAL document required?  

Am I missing something?

3 hours ago, bangkok19 said:

If I use a Thai Health Insurer what is the ACTUAL document required?  

The Thai company will provide you with the proper document as well as entering your coverage in a database that can/will be checked by Immigration in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

It is for using a foreign insurer. The approved Thai companies do nto need it and will provide you with the necessary documentation. Note however that only some Thai insurers are approved for this purpose.

• Thanks 2