Ordering from IKEA

There used to be a thread for this but I could not find it.

Is there still an agent on Samui who would help to expedite orders from IKEA?

If so, please can I have contact details.

I need to order a couple of sun parasols but cannot find any half decent ones in the local shops.

Lazada is my last option. Not impressed with them lately.

I have seen decent ones on the IKEA website.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

And, why do you not let IKEA send it to you. They offer parcels up to 24 kg, or truck transports to Samui.

Yes, I know what the 'blurb' states, but.....

.....when I try to pay, I either receive a message stating 'no stock' or 'the store does not deliver to your location'.

You do not live on an island do you? It's a bit different to living on the mainland.

What I am ordering weighs more than 24 kilos.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

.....when I try to pay, I either receive a message stating 'no stock' or 'the store does not deliver to your location'.

You do not live on an island do you? It's a bit different to living on the mainland.

If I were you, I would call them. When I fill in the postal code for Samui, it states a price. I think they do deliver.

No, I do not live on an Island. If, I did and had problem in delivery, I would chose to deliver to the closest mainland. Easy peasy!

10 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

I ordered all new furniture for my daughters bedroom from them and they delivered here, it was way over 24kg and I certainly live in Samui.

When you are on the website the items are listed as in, or out of stock, and that means the whole country, not just one of their stores.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 5:35 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I ordered an IKEA bunk bed, but not from IKEA, as their freight was way out, 3,000 baht to Samui. I found the original IKEA bunk bed on Lazada for almost same price, however little more expensive than IKEA, but with free delivery. I ordered it on a Friday, it arrived Sunday evening with Flash Express...:thumbsup:

• Like 2