Border crossing

Tayida

I was reading the new entry rules on the TAT website and it's says:

By land – Via border checkpoints in Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Songkhla, and Satun (new).

Udon Thani has a border with Laos? As they wrote it, seems Nong Khai and Udon Thani have two different borders. Thank you.

Edited by Tayida

Just now, StayinThailand2much said:

Udon Thani province has no border with Laos, so the only way you can travel from/to Laos is by air.

Correct, so why they put Udon thani as a land border with Nong Khai? This I don't understand. Thank you

7 minutes ago, Tayida said:

Correct, so why they put Udon thani as a land border with Nong Khai? This I don't understand. Thank you

The reason could be as simple as a website designer/writer who didn't do his homework in regards to knowing his country's geography.

Another reason could be the role of Udon Thani's airport as opposed to overland travel via Nong Khai.

Edited by StayinThailand2much

5 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

The reason could be as simple as a website designer/writer who didn't do his homework in regards to knowing his country's geography.

Another reason could be the role of Udon Thani's airport as opposed to overland travel via Nong Khai.

And UT airport is not here as well:

By air – Direct international flights to Don Mueang, Suvarnabhumi, Phuket, Krabi, Samui, Chiang Mai, U-Tapao, and Hat Yai (new) international airports, or transit domestically via dedicated flights.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tayida said:

It could be because crossing from Laos into Thailand some of the quarantine hotels are in Udon Thani, so you're effectively picked up and taken directly there from the border. 

9 hours ago, Tayida said:

By land – Via border checkpoints in Nong Khai, Udon Thani, Songkhla, and Satun (new).

It should of been written as Nong Khai/Udon Thani. Some of the SHAextra+ hotels are located in Udon Thani.