Cooking Gas Price Rises Today

snoop1130

01.png

BANGKOK, April 1 (TNA) – The price of cooking gas rose by one baht per kilogram today resulting in its price for a 15kg cylinder reaching 333 baht, ending two years of its frozen price due to the subsidy from the Oil Fund which had kept the retail price below its cost.

The 15kg cooking gas price increased from 318 baht and the rise will continue by one baht per kilogram per month until June when the total increment will be 45 baht per 15kg cylinder and the price will be 363 baht. That will be equal to its level in March 2020 just after COVID-19 started.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-914917

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright TNA 2022-04-01

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The price of cooking gas rose by one baht per kilogram today resulting in its price for a 15kg cylinder reaching 333 baht, ending two years of its frozen price

Funny, that. The price we pay has increased, I think, four times during the price freeze.

• Like 1

Well, always a matter of how you look at things. 

The government claims "subsidy from the Oil Fund which had kept the retail price below its cost." I personally would assume that the government collected less taxes on gas so there is no subsidy but the whole thing - as many other things - go onto the account of the taxpayer.

You're welcome! 

4 hours ago, Tropposurfer said:

yeah for sure mate, I dig what you're saying. I lived on delivered gas from Elgas in NSW (the gods bless em') and they saved my butt in the chilly winters for many years.

I remember the cost before leaving our sunburnt shores ... Bl.ody large cylinders were a hefty price indeed . 2.5 x 90 kg cylinders consumed every winter @ about $100 a pop so Thai prices are as cheap as chips for us here. We could have installed super-dooper invection hobs in our lovely home but gas is so much better.

I feel for all the Thais living on sweet f. a. during 'the situation' of the last few years ... some of us well healed falangs around abouts here have donated gas cylinder refills for locals as part of our regular food and household support to our dearest Thai neighbours.

Why not go out and ask someone would they like you to pay for a fresh gas cylinder for them, and spread the good ol' Aussie mateship spirit???? 

I take my hat of to you , a fine man , the world needs more caring people like yourself

• Like 2

5 hours ago, lujanit said:

Still cheap.  Try buying cooking gas in Oz.

I'm a bit busy today, would tomorrow be ok? ????

More seriously we bought gas about a week ago and I think it was more than that. It's not an issue for us but it will probably hit those on low incomes and those who use it in their business.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Been here for over 10 years, never ever been worried about price rises, fortunately I don't have to watch ever satang like some on here.

I retired to Thailand in 2011, in good measure because I could afford a working middle class standard of living on my $2400 USD a month budget. So, yes, prices do get my attention, not being a member of the rich nor famous. There are a substantial number of us from varied western nations seeking retirement in lower cost countries. It appears that bothers some folks …

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lujanit said:

Agree, one 15 kg canister will  just last us  about 2 1/2 months,any big steaming or cooking the wife will use the charcoal stove.

In the UK today, gas prices just went up by about 50% in one hit ,with another a price rise due in October ,that will hurt. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Funny, that. The price we pay has increased, I think, four times during the price freeze.

Agreed, each time the Mrs comes back with a new bottle she tells me that!

On 4/2/2022 at 12:29 PM, lujanit said:

and petrol just come down to AUD$190.00 but not in every state. we are in one of a cost of  living  here rise it is just another sick joke,any Aussies lucky enough to live there stay put. We are going to a $20 singles and $30 for couples but not till the end of June. at lest up there way further $7 in the pub for a schooner or stubbies, last time I was up I was paying 80bht a VB .   

20 hours ago, kickstart said:

Agree, one 15 kg canister will  just last us  about 2 1/2 months,any big steaming or cooking the wife will use the charcoal stove.

In the UK today, gas prices just went up by about 50% in one hit ,with another a price rise due in October ,that will hurt. 

The usual false moaning and groaning about the slight increases regarding everyday life here is still an outstanding value compared to the disturbingly high unnecessary [all inclusive] cost of living in the beloved industrial West. 

On 4/1/2022 at 10:30 PM, Golden Triangle said:

Been here for over 10 years, never ever been worried about price rises, fortunately I don't have to watch ever satang like some on here.

Its the cost of a leg over Im bothered about

On 4/2/2022 at 9:19 AM, Tropposurfer said:

. Bl.ody large cylinders were a hefty price indeed . 2.5 x 90 kg cylinders consumed every winter @ about $100 a pop so Thai prices are as cheap as chips for us here.

$100 for a 90kg cylinder is only 3.7baht per kg cheaper than Thai prices.

So not cheap as chips here given the min wage compared to Aus.

• Like 1