Singaporeans gatecrash wedding in Thailand after mistaking venue for a restaurant

webfact

motor.jpg

Dilan Lau (in middle) carrying a bag of crackers and posing with some of the friendly locals from the wedding reception. PHOTO: Dilan Lau

By SCHERMAINE CHOO | ASIAONE

A group of five Singaporeans on a motorcycle road trip in Thailand chanced upon what they thought was a restaurant in Chiang Mai on Wednesday (March 30) at around 12.30pm. 

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Recounting the incident to AsiaOne today (April 1), Dilan Lau said that they spotted a small building with tables and chairs outside, and the lively setting had led them to believe that it was a restaurant.

More from AsiaOneRead the condensed version of this story, and other top stories with NewsLite.

They happily waltzed in, wanting to order some food.

Full story: https://www.asiaone.com/asia/singaporeans-gatecrash-wedding-thailand-after-mistaking-venue-restaurant

AO.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASIAONE 2022-04-02

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Recounting the incident to AsiaOne today (April 1), Dilan Lau said that they spotted a small building with tables and chairs outside, and the lively setting had led them to believe that it was a restaurant.

Hard to tell with some eateries, family or business premises.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

on a motorcycle road trip in Thailand 

From the link:-

"This group of friends had started their road trip in Bangkok, drove to Chang Mai to rent motorcycles to complete the 612km Mae Hong Son loop................had expected to complete this loop in a week, ended up completing it within five days instead'

I have driven this fantastic and scenic loop by car, with many scary bends on the northern section, with an overnight stop in Mae Hong Son. It took me 2 days.

If you are "big bike" enthusiasts, try it sometime.

Heart to Beat #26 Mae Hong Son Loop (Thailand 1) - Pilotcycles.com

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kbelyeu said:

Me as well.. what years were you living in Singapore?  I lived there from 2006 to 2011.

Kurt

- Redwood Residence from 2008 to 2010

- Jurong Shipyard 2018 & 2019

Happy days

Beautiful woman, culture, restaurants, bars, weather Singapore has it all 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Burma Bill said:

From the link:-

"This group of friends had started their road trip in Bangkok, drove to Chang Mai to rent motorcycles to complete the 612km Mae Hong Son loop................had expected to complete this loop in a week, ended up completing it within five days instead'

I have driven this fantastic and scenic loop by car, with many scary bends on the northern section, with an overnight stop in Mae Hong Son. It took me 2 days.

If you are "big bike" enthusiasts, try it sometime.

Heart to Beat #26 Mae Hong Son Loop (Thailand 1) - Pilotcycles.com

It’s a great ride on motorcycles... saw a lot... great inexpensive hotels... big bike rentals in Chand Mai..

if you like to ride should be on you to do list..

• Thanks 1