How to celebrate Songkran in Hua Hin

webfact

songkran-traditional-696x464.jpg

By Online Reporter

Hua Hin Municipality has announced the schedule for this year’s Songkran celebrations, which will take place without water fights.

Organised events will be centered around a stage on Hua Hin beach, close to the Centara Grand Beach Resort & Villas Hua Hin, from April 11 to 13 and will take place under the banner “travel the local way, experience Thai culture, and relax on the beach”.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

There is also a retro theme for this year’s celebrations with people who attend invited to wear retro style clothing.

There will also be a check in corner where people can take photos to share on social media, while vendors will also be showcasing an array of local food.

Full story: https://www.huahintoday.com/hua-hin-news/how-to-celebrate-songkran-in-hua-hin/

huahintoday-logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Hua Hin Today 2022-04-04

- Aetna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

It has to better than getting blasted with spray guns buckets of water plus powder and paste ????

Sounds a  more sensible way to Celebrate to me anyway ????

I enjoyed the spray guns, powder and paste. It was fun - and refreshing break from the heat.  Why bother coming to Thailand if you just want to stay at home and dink with your friends ?

11 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

Just can't see myself, or any expats, with flowers and a little bowl of water for Songkran...!

Non Thais & non Buddhist, celebrating holidays is a bit off.  I don't celebrate Xmas, Hanukkah or Ramadan either.  Don't need a reason to eat, drink & be merry with family, friends or alone.

I don't even celebrate Yank holidays, let alone other nations' or a religious holiday.

On Topic ... how to, UP2U

If water play is your quest, then 'pre situation', Udon Thani, KSR, Silom, Patong beach rd, or any foreigner 'adult' entertainment area, Soi Cowboy, Nana, Bangla rd, Soi 6 (I think) Pats.

Need to actually do some research, for last minute changes, whether allowing or banning what you want.

Edited by KhunLA