Where to get booster jab in Khon Kaen?

mahtin

Now been 6 months since my second jab, so won't be turned down again on those grounds.

Totally eligible: 74 y.o., over 100 kilos, cardio history, both CV and CHF.

Was vaccinated at Central Plaza by BKK Hospital Khon Kaen. No response to email there now.

Ideally would like walk-in, (long drive), prepared to pay cash if reasonable (around 1600 Baht?).

If you know any hospital, clinic, whatever that would do this, TIA for the heads-up.

Apparently now only 3 months to wait between Pfizer 2nd shot and booster; that's news to those who gave my wife a booster about 3 weeks ago, but told her No, your husband must wait 6 months.

Will give it time to filter down, and try a local guv hospital walk in after Songkran.

Can't imagine they'll be too busy then (extreme sarcasm).

Imageimage.jpeg.745bcaaeb35f92394f2a568be5f811c9.jpeg

Edited by mahtin
credit image

18 hours ago, mahtin said:

No, your husband must wait 6 months.

You should be a priority at your age and condition, and yes it is 3 months as far as I can recall.

I had my 3rd shot with Pfizer on the 5th month, my choice, but could have had it at 3 months.

If your local hospital is saying 6 months with your conditions then they are truly behind the times, that or I am not up to date.

Two things you can do, talk to the Ministry of Health Department and see what they say, surely your wife can look at their Facebook page if she cannot get through, as mine had trouble, appears people don't want to answer the phones, that or phone Bangkok Hospital and pay for your 3rd shot, might have to be Moderna, but they may also have Pfizer ?

Hope to it and good luck.

I am in the Udon Thani area and had no problems.

On 4/8/2022 at 6:21 AM, 4MyEgo said:

You should be a priority at your age and condition, and yes it is 3 months as far as I can recall.

I had my 3rd shot with Pfizer on the 5th month, my choice, but could have had it at 3 months.

If your local hospital is saying 6 months with your conditions then they are truly behind the times, that or I am not up to date.

Two things you can do, talk to the Ministry of Health Department and see what they say, surely your wife can look at their Facebook page if she cannot get through, as mine had trouble, appears people don't want to answer the phones, that or phone Bangkok Hospital and pay for your 3rd shot, might have to be Moderna, but they may also have Pfizer ?

Hope to it and good luck.

I am in the Udon Thani area and had no problems.

Thanks. My 6 months are done now anyway. That happened when wife was having her 3rd shot 1 month ago.

She is still trying her contacts locally, but grandson has it (at home on advice of hospital), and her mother is bedridden, so busy times.

We are up by the border with Udon Thani,  not eager to drive into KKC.

• Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:20 AM, Speedo1968 said:

I live in Banphai south of KK.
Had my first 2 shots at Central my third one at local govt office

Driven through good old Bun Pie often. Only stopped when the police road block turned us back due to floods.

Might ask local Amphur, if open. Cheers.

13 minutes ago, mahtin said:

My 6 months are done now anyway. That happened when wife was having her 3rd shot 1 month ago.

I suppose the question now remains, how much longer will we be boosting for this disease which will be with us for 1,000 years at least.

We are all going to get it, probably more than once, twice thrice in our life times.

Me, 3 times boosted, think I will be going to my local GP in May asking for the annual influenza jab as I see Thailand had just over 100,000 deaths from Influenza and Pneumonia in 2021.

When comparing Covid, if I am correct, Thailand has had 25,700 odd deaths since the pandemic hit it's shores early 2020, so looks like you have more chances of kicking the bucket from Influenza or Pneumonia than Covid, although it is a real threat for the elderly moreso.

The above said, don't forget your other shots, e.g. Pneumonia and influenza and look out for that bus ????

• Haha 1

On 4/11/2022 at 12:00 PM, mahtin said:

Driven through good old Bun Pie often. Only stopped when the police road block turned us back due to floods.

Might ask local Amphur, if open. Cheers.

I was here during the floods and ended up neck high in water rescuing dogs from my friends house ( my house is less than 100 meters away and the water was only a few centimetres deep at the gate ).      One dog I put in a large cement mixing bath and pushed him through almost metre deep water, by the time I got back for the second one ( 20kg ) the water was up to my armpits.
My friends two houses were flooded.    The last event was more than 50 years ago.

The local govt arranged a day for all who needed vaccination, hundreds turned up.
Make sue you have a copy of your earlier vaccinations and give them the copy.
They have had more "special days" since inc for children.

A friends mother paid for a 4th jab 2 / 3 weeks ago at a hospital in Khon Kaen, she tested positive last week.     One of her daughters has just tested positive despite 3 jabs,

• Like 1

On 4/11/2022 at 11:55 AM, mahtin said:

Thanks. My 6 months are done now anyway. That happened when wife was having her 3rd shot 1 month ago.

She is still trying her contacts locally, but grandson has it (at home on advice of hospital), and her mother is bedridden, so busy times.

We are up by the border with Udon Thani,  not eager to drive into KKC.

In udon can get pfizer or moderna boosters at wattana, bangkok hospital etc. Not 100% sure on walk ins however give them a ring

• Thanks 1