What's The Funniest Pattaya Store Sign You've Seen?

Weho

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately I can only see placemarkers for the pictures on WISteve's posts (#51 and #60). The pictures will not come through, although all other pictures on this thread are fine. Anyone got any ideas please?

Unfortunately I can only see placemarkers for the pictures on WISteve's posts (#51 and #60). The pictures will not come through, although all other pictures on this thread are fine. Anyone got any ideas please?

Everyone else has a "sweet spirit" that follows us around, and protects us and let's us see stuff on this webnet thing. I actually have two of them... You might not have one.

Shit Inn ( central Pattaya road). Might be gone by now.

Yeah, I think the Shit Inn is gone... I think the new name is the Vomit Resort & Spa, which I'm told has some affiliation with the Bowel Movement Condotel.

On Walkingstreet, at "The Best Bar" you find this sign...

BestBarSignWalkStreet.jpg

No comments....

And the local Septic-Tank-Vaccum-Truck-Guy came by and gave me his very cool business card...

if your toilet full

we take care

if not full

IT OK!!!!

The most fun part there was the enormous importance that its ok if its not full :D

Ohh and.. Naklua Marked....

"CAN NOT NO GOOD NO!!"

I dont know what it was that this gut could not do, but he surely made it clear that he dont want to do it.

And last sign... Naklus Road, Across Soi 18....

"WE BUILD THE BRIDGE, 48 HOURS!"

(no, its not a super efficient Thai construction company - its a dentist :o )

On Walkingstreet, at "The Best Bar" you find this sign...

BestBarSignWalkStreet.jpg

No comments....

And the local Septic-Tank-Vaccum-Truck-Guy came by and gave me his very cool business card...

if your toilet full

we take care

if not full

IT OK!!!!

The most fun part there was the enormous importance that its ok if its not full :D

Ohh and.. Naklua Marked....

"CAN NOT NO GOOD NO!!"

I dont know what it was that this gut could not do, but he surely made it clear that he dont want to do it.

And last sign... Naklus Road, Across Soi 18....

"WE BUILD THE BRIDGE, 48 HOURS!"

(no, its not a super efficient Thai construction company - its a dentist :o )

Maybe it's a sign just against sitting... maybe they can stand, then it's o.k.

Everyone else has a "sweet spirit" that follows us around, and protects us and let's us see stuff on this webnet thing. I actually have two of them... You might not have one.

Can I borrow one of yours for a while then please, to see if it works. You don't use them both at the same time do you?

Almost 6 full pages. Let's hope WeHo doesn't let it go to his head.

Blue Star guesthouse ( a great place) in Kanchanaburi used to offer 'toast and assorted jews' for breakfast.

I ordered it and half expected to meet a Mr Goldstein and a Mr Swartz.

Can I borrow one of yours for a while then please, to see if it works. You don't use them both at the same time do you?

I don't control where or what the "sweet spirits" do... but I was told I was real lucky to have two of them, as most people only have one. Go figure...

But today, on a Pattaya street, I noticed a crisp bill on the sidewalk... It was right near the Bangkok Airways office on 2nd road, near North Pattaya. I picked it up, it was for 100 Cambodian whatever their money is... I had visions in my mind of hitting the "mother-lode", backing up the Brink's truck, a world cruise... I had no idea what it was worth, but I figured since I have two "sweet spirits", it had to be a lot. well, I looked it up, and it's not even worth 1 Thai baht... not even enough to get a piece of chewing gum. Maybe one of my "sweet spirits" was dealing with someone else at the time, and was distracted.

There's a restaurant somewhere in Pattaya (I can't remember where) that serves "Steamed Crap". Yeuk!

They must have a franchise in Phuket where the menu offered crap meat.

On every police box in Pattaya WE SERVE AND PROTECT......any suggestions as to wot it should say maybe WE LIE CHEAT AND STEAL

"To self-serve and collect"

Almost 6 full pages. Let's hope WeHo doesn't let it go to his head.

Blue Star guesthouse ( a great place) in Kanchanaburi used to offer 'toast and assorted jews' for breakfast.

I ordered it and half expected to meet a Mr Goldstein and a Mr Swartz.

Too late... already went to my head...

BS: hello, what would you like to order?

Weho: let's see... how about.... hummmmmm.... what's good?

BS: The toast is good...

Weho: sounds fine... what kind of condiments could I have with toast?

BS: Well, butter, jam, green chili sauce...

Weho: hummmmmmm..... anything else?

BS: .... assorted Jews...

Weho: I'll take two orders please... and could you give me a schmear of cream cheese too?

I thought this was 'interesting' something else lost in transllation

This is one of the funniest signs I've ever seen... a bit disturbing, but funny... the venue needs to work on their grammar a tad...

the other entries were great too...

WOW, I'm impressed, praise from Weho :o

They say English is a strange language, I reckon the translations are even better

We have one on an office in a soi I use as a shortcut. The sign proudly proclaims 'Newish Germs". Why are they newish? Are they slightly used or shop soiled or previously enjoyed? And the germs. What sort, viral, bacterial, fungal. I have always wanted to stop and check it out but never did and thel ast time I drove past the sign had gone. Life is full of regrets. :o

I've put this before on another thread. The funniest I've seen was the sub-titles for the closing sequence of the film 'Troy'

Where the narrator said " And now it's the time for Achilles"

The sub-titles came up with

" And now it's time for a Guinness"

Check it out. But don't just go on to the last bit. You must see the next to last clip right through.

One from the menu in the restaurant at the old yacht club beach road (gone now - relocated to second road).

"Stewed beef with dishcloth" :o

I guess they were hoping we'd do the washing up.

That's so dis-jointed I can't work out what it is actually supposed to mean...

Soundman.

One from the menu in the restaurant at the old yacht club beach road (gone now - relocated to second road).

Soundman.

No, and I'm afraid I can't help as I never quite worked up the courage to order it. Would probably have been okay as the food quality at the place was generally good but you had to make sure you went there at high tide. At that point the sea covered the sludge that passed for a beach and suppressed the smell.

The restaurant relocated to second road when they demolished the yacht club and it was never quite the same again. I can't recall if it's still there, oh well I can check it out in a few weeks time.

Soundman.

No, and I'm afraid I can't help as I never quite worked up the courage to order it.

Couldn't for the life of me imagine why? :D:D

Soundman.

Not a store sign, but we've all taken some liberties here...

Seen on the 4th floor of Tuk-Com, where I'm told they may sell some pirated goods...

... a music cd titled: "Bakery Music"

use your imagination.

Soundman.

No, and I'm afraid I can't help as I never quite worked up the courage to order it.

Couldn't for the life of me imagine why? :D:D

Soundman.

My guess would be a Thai-English dictionary or phrase book with pictures mis-labeled. Though, I'm pretty sure that I've eaten a dishcloth before.

:o Mr Weho, I'm using my imagination but nothing is appearing in my mind. What does the sign mean?

re: "Bakery Music" cd...

i used my imagination, and i can't figure out if it's music for the bakers working in the back, or if it's music for the customers out front.

this is not in pattaya but anyhow i would like to share it. if you happen to fly TG this month take a look at the in-flight guide where they have music, movies, etc. program scheduled in each flight. anyway, they mispelled the word video in several pages to VEDIO and i thought well, someone has to be fired this month.

Edited by thai_narak

Just a note about aspirated and unaspirated sounds in Thai. Thais have difficulty hearing and therefore writting the difference between a p and b when at the end of a syllable. We've all probably eaten steamed or boiled crap in The Kingdom.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't crab 'pu' in Thai, pronounced 'poo'.