Who Am I

bazmlb

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep another Tatra

The rover gas turbine - for a long time Rover kept a Citroen DS in a windtunnel etc, the body is the same bolt on body panels, the turbine was front wheel drive and if you take a look at it in profile you'll see the Citroen "droop-snoot". the 2o00 was toned down looks-wise loosing the nose and the sloping back window, to keep the conventional "British" look.

As nobody has any idea about 1923 car I posted;The answer is Salmson Cyclecar Grand Sport type AL3

I think I will post only after 1940 cars

To spice a little this is the dashboard of a luxury car.This is not wood but metal on it.

Some clues:V8 Chrysler,Torqueflite gearbox;Salisbury bridge;max speed 240 km/h;production year from 1957 to...around 1964 (not sure)

If no good answer,I will post a photo of the back of the car tomorrow.

Not too difficult ther is a detail that helps.....

post-1585-1185364751_thumb.jpg

Like bazmlb says, we're out of order now anyway. Speaking of construction materials, what were the first models of the Marcos and Pontiac Fieros made of? (Not same answer for both).

Guess:Marcos wood

Fiero:Fiberglass

My Dad had company cars, 1956 and 1957, Custom 300 (or just Customline) Tudors (the four door model was a Fordor; kid you not), which actually had a chrome spear all down the bodyside, and around the windshield (which we never called windscreen). The Mainline, the bottom economy Ford, had rubber moldings (not mouldings) and the 'business coupe' had no back seat!

Would somebody please post a 1954 Ford Skyliner or the 1955 Fairlane Crown Victoria with the front half as a moonroof? Or even a 1958 Ford Skyliner with retractible hard top?

If Tax didn't say it was english I would have said Maserati Ghibli (at least the front part) or Monteverdi

I nearly bought a Maserati Khassim some years ago but too much restauration and her Citroen pneumatic shock absorber system was a pain in the a## to fix.(not speaking from the carbus.......

Guess:AC???

The second serie of Tax are Ford .Red one is a Fairlane The other one:Mei lou

Thanks to taxexile for those Fords. Those were glory days in styling and innovation for American iron, big beautiful cars that invented the moon roof, retractible hardtop, two kinds of mass production turbochargers, two kinds of fuel injection, two Chevrolet fully independent rear suspensions that predated Porsche's, a front wheel drive V8....a turbocharged six cylinder sports model that predated the Porsche 911 by many years....glory days, long gone. But credit also where it's due: Alec Iconigiss, Ferdinand Porsche, et al. Especially Al.

djinns difficult one is easy , its a rover/brm gas turbine.

the easy one is difficult , its a general motors car , possibly a buick ????

Rover BRM correct

other one Chevy Monte Carlo 86

djinn , ford mustang and lotus elan , the mustang would be an early model , 66 or 67 , but it looks as if its been re -trimmed.

i knew that reading all those car magazines under my desk at school would come in useful one day.