How Can I Get A Covid Recovery Certificate?

UKJASE

Hi Guys, after having covid, is it possible to get a recovery certificate from anywhere, even though my girlfriend and i did not go to seek any medical assistance?

I would like one for travel, but we did not see a doctor, and all we have as proof is lots of dated photos of our positive rapid flow tests.

I am guessing there may be some examination that could prove we are not lying about the recent recovery. 

Any ideas how we could get a certificate please guys, as i dont want to be stopped at the airport and put into quarantine upon arrival if it can be helped

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, UKJASE said:

Any ideas how we could get a certificate please guys, as i dont want to be stopped at the airport and put into quarantine upon arrival if it can be helped

Just curious...  Does it shield you from quarantine if you test positive?

I have the same concerns as the OP.  If I test positive with mild symptoms, I do not plan to seek medical assistance and will self-isolate instead.  As discussed in the recent topic (https://aseannow.com/topic/1252242-can-they-force-me-into-hospital-if-i-test-positive/) the rules are still murky on the forced hospitalization.  If the doctor decides my symptoms warrant so, I risk being sent to a hospitel and charged 150K baht, or sent to a government field hospital if I refuse to pay.  I want neither of that.  

So the problem with self-isolation is that if I end up being one of those people who continue testing positive for weeks or months after recovery, I will not be able to travel.  I like the idea of keeping the photos and positive tests as a proof, but will that be enough to get me off the hook when I test positive?  Can they force me to self-isolate if I test positive despite having the evidence of a previous infection??

• Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 7:47 AM, wn78 said:

If the doctor decides my symptoms warrant so, I risk being sent to a hospitel and charged 150K baht, or sent to a government field hospital if I refuse to pay. 

Is that even a thing, positive visitors getting away with refusing to pay? Likely to cause strife later?

On 4/8/2022 at 1:47 PM, wn78 said:

I like the idea of keeping the photos and positive tests as a proof, but will that be enough to get me off the hook when I test positive? 

Here's a photo of a positive test, does this prove I've had covid?  Or is it just some photo I downloaded from the internet?

Positive results from antigen test reach record high in Thailand | Thaiger

On 4/10/2022 at 11:14 AM, daveAustin said:

Is that even a thing, positive visitors getting away with refusing to pay? Likely to cause strife later?

Some getting away, some forced into a field hospital.   I have no first hand experience myself, but the experiences reported in the hospitalization topic I referenced make me believe the rules are fuzzy and you can be forced depending on the location, doctor's position, etc.

On 4/10/2022 at 11:25 AM, bbko said:

Here's a photo of a positive test, does this prove I've had covid?  Or is it just some photo I downloaded from the internet?

Positive results from antigen test reach record high in Thailand | Thaiger

Exactly.  Not a proof at all.

On 4/8/2022 at 11:42 PM, treetops said:

Dr. Donna can provide one.  Requirements are listed here:

https://www.medconsultasia.com/recovery-certificate/

Thanks for that.  But as I was afraid, it clearly states:

You have completed the government isolation period where you are (minimum of 10 days).

Meaning, if you do not report your sickness to the government and just self-isolate yourself, you will not meet the requirements....??  because there is no proof you were actually sick....

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, wn78 said:

Thanks for that.  But as I was afraid, it clearly states:

You have completed the government isolation period where you are (minimum of 10 days).

Meaning, if you do not report your sickness to the government and just self-isolate yourself, you will not meet the requirements....??  because there is no proof you were actually sick....

She can also do an antibody test which shows if you've had it previously.  Putting 2 and 2 together (dangerous here I know) I would say that 10 days, or maybe less, after a positive antibody test she would issue a recovery certificate.

Edited by treetops
  • Thanks 2