COVID-19 Oral Swab Testing

DP9700

Hi there,

I’ve heard but actually not read anything official about the fact that you can choose to do an oral swab test instead of the nasal swab test.

So while I wait and hope the Thai government will cancel all forms of testing and requirements, does anyone have any knowledge, information or links about this possibility ?

Thank you.

21 hours ago, DP9700 said:

I’ve heard but actually not read anything official about the fact that you can choose to do an oral swab test instead of the nasal swab test.

Bit of a meaningless statement,  you need to clarify what and where.

If you want to self test, you can choose to purchase what you want, my niece just bought a pack of 20 saliva ATKs, they are not a swab, you spit in a tube.

If you have to do a PCR you can choose a provider that offers what you prefer. When I did my PCR in Bangkok the one I chose did a throat swab. My self test PCRs in the UK were both throat and nasal, my on site PCR was nasal. My Thai quarantine PCRs were nasal, no choice in the matter.

Yesterday my wife had a tooth filled at the hospital and had to have ATK test before treatment, that was a nasal swab, could have chosen to go home.