active real estate agency in Pattaya

domdom

Good morning

All experiences (limited) I had till date with real estate agencies is that apart from putting a residence on their webside their action is close to zero

Anybody would have a real estate agency to recomend ? (preferably Jomtien till Bang Saray side)

Thank you very much

Have a nice week

• Like 2

That is also my experience so far, some even want you to send your own Photo's, they do not want to visit, so I would also be interested in an agency that puts some effort into it otherwise JUST post on the various Free Web sites yourself as I am currently doing.

• Like 1

Thanks.. I unfortunately think that most agencies are completely useless.. As you say some even don t bother to come and see the product.. Some come but when a potential buyer comes then another agent shows up knowing nothing about the place..

I sold a condo here 20 years ago.. had been in 4 or 5 different agencies for months.. O visit.. Then I just decided to order a big metal board I set on the soy at the angle to the condo access.. set it on friday and monday I had a couple show up and purchased (maybe luck but maybe being pro active also..)
Anyway if you have any good experience just let me know and I will do the same

Have a very good day

• Like 1

One big problem seem to be the laws in this country. It seems every hairdresser and laundry shop and security guard can demand 3% commission from the seller. Knowledge: zero, Opportunities: a lot.

Maybe that is the reason that nobody wants to do a proper job. Because if a real real estate agent who puts in the work has to fight with the hairdresser who mentioned that the apartment is available about the whole commission then the system is just broken.

• Like 1

I asked the girl at the reception in my condo that if anyone cam enquiring about units for sale could she tell them my unit number. She asked for 3%! I already pay her wages through the common fees!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes.. but is is normal here (and also to tell you the truth, abroad I always give a 'reward" if anyone really leads to a sale)..

Do you live in Whale condo ?
For us there is no 'physical" manager in the condo, so no manager to help for the sale

Have a nice day

15 minutes ago, domdom said:

Yes.. but is is normal here (and also to tell you the truth, abroad I always give a 'reward" if anyone really leads to a sale)..

Do you live in Whale condo ?
For us there is no 'physical" manager in the condo, so no manager to help for the sale

Have a nice day

I would recommend Paragon Properties Pattaya. They are very active and I see how many sales they do, and I actually got my house through them. It is a long established company with a record they can prove. There office is near the corner Theprasit road /Jomtien beach road.

That said... I don't know whether they will be interested in your object, it depends of course on the quality of what you want to sell. If I browse through real estate websites, there are thousands of condos of the same quality / price, so a real estate agent might already have hundreds of them in his portfolio, and at present, it is not a market with thousands of buyers. Quality objects - even at high prices - will sell quite easily, but the common of-the-shelf condo might have a long shelf time...

Allow me to present an alternative view, if I may.  My partner and I just sold another property in Thailand--with the great help of a real estate agent and agency.  We've sold properties in Rayong, Pattaya, and Bangkok.  With a few exceptions, they were all sold with the help of a realtor.  There's no doubt in my mind that we would still be trying to sell some of these properties without an agent and an agency's help.   

With our most recent Pattaya sale, most of the agencies we contacted sent someone out to take photos and see the property in person and take notes--even though we had sent photos and information of our own to the agencies.   Some of them also did videos for their websites.  Usually there was at least an hour or more of their time spent on this--plus the drive to and from the property.  With several of the agents we discussed pricing and we came to a consensus--it's important to set a realistic price.  Then, back to the office they went to process everything and get the listing up on their websites.

That's a lot of work--especially knowing that another agency might make the sale and all the work could be for naught.  And, let's not even talk about driving customers around from property to property and they end up not buying anything--or buying something from another agent listed by another agency.   I've said many times I'm way too lazy and way too impatient to ever be an agent.

If you are selling, I suggest you send good photos with a description and property information to as many agencies as you can.  Thailand does not have a multiple-listing service so agencies need to be contacted individually.  For Pattaya, I would start, but not be limited, to these:  Coastal, PBRE, East Coast, Gecko, Primis, Alan Bolton, FazWaz, Prestige, Keegan, Cornerstone, Pattaya Condos & Homes, Five Star, Paragon, All Seasons, Town & Country, Pattaya Realty, and Righmove, among others.  Make sure you hit all the agencies closest to your property.

Once your property is listed, your job is to always have it ready to show to its very best advantage--and, with a half hour's notice, or less.  This means beds always made, dishes always washed and put away, bathrooms always clean and tidy, anything broken fixed, and all clutter and personal items out of sight.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Whale said:

I asked the girl at the reception in my condo that if anyone cam enquiring about units for sale could she tell them my unit number. She asked for 3%! I already pay her wages through the common fees!

Condo managers are incentivized by the sellers to show their units. 
Often the crummy, difficult units have the largest reward, hence when one is out browsing the market, you will be shown the worst units. 

Real Estate agents will sometimes add an extra 10% or more to the asking price. 

My advice is to visit the properties and look for a bulletin board with advertising posted by the owner. 

Edited by LarrySR