Process of getting married

dj230

As with most things in Thailand the easiness is a variable dependent upon the location of the Amphur, the person you are speaking to, the phase of the moon, etc.  However, it is not beyond most people to accomplish it.  Best place to start is the website of the Embassy of your country, you will certainly have to interact with them to some degree so may as well start there.  In case you are from USA, for example, try here; https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married-in-thailand/

1 hour ago, Upnotover said:

As with most things in Thailand the easiness is a variable dependent upon the location of the Amphur, the person you are speaking to, the phase of the moon, etc.  However, it is not beyond most people to accomplish it.  Best place to start is the website of the Embassy of your country, you will certainly have to interact with them to some degree so may as well start there.  In case you are from USA, for example, try here; https://th.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/local-resources-of-u-s-citizens/getting-married-in-thailand/

I read that you do require a document proving marital status in your home country, but other than that, what else would you require from your embassy? 

Is the Amphur you have to go to the one you're residing in or where the Thai national was born in? 

2 hours ago, 86Tiger said:

No.  It is not that easy.

There are several detailed threads explaining.  They helped me tremendously way back when I did it.

Good luck......

thats unfortunate to hear, may have to pass in that case 

Edited by dj230

39 minutes ago, dj230 said:

I read that you do require a document proving marital status in your home country, but other than that, what else would you require from your embassy? 

Is the Amphur you have to go to the one you're residing in or where the Thai national was born in? 

thats unfortunate to hear, may have to pass in that case 

As mentioned on the US Embassy website, you may need a certified copy of your passport, depending upon the wishes of the Amphur in question.

As for the choice of Amphur it can be anywhere, doesn't have to be where you live or come from.  However, best check in advance that they are willing to marry aliens as in these times of COVID fear things are not always what they were.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

As mentioned on the US Embassy website, you may need a certified copy of your passport, depending upon the wishes of the Amphur in question.

As for the choice of Amphur it can be anywhere, doesn't have to be where you live or come from.  However, best check in advance that they are willing to marry aliens as in these times of COVID fear things are not always what they were.

Thanks for the heads up, I will look into it a bit more, if any Amphur can be used that is a lot better, I am in Bangkok so everything should be easier than a small town where the Thai national was born.