Where Have You Been Bitten By Creatures In Thailand?

chinthee

Working away the day on my computer/phone/skype, with TV forum open in one window; 2 excel sheets on another and a powerpoint or two, and I don't like aircon so work nud_e. I know...gross thought, but it works for me. Anway, I got bitten by nasty red ants on my privates and it swelled to such an extent I looked like Johnny the wad Holmes.

My wife got bitten by nasty black flying bugs on her bottom and it created a scar that is still there years later.

Just wondering, where have you been nailed, under what circumstances, and what was the outcome??

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was drunk once and was eating biscuits in bed naked, the crumbs were falling and I fell asleep, I awoke to find lots of ants on my body, I was stung on the weener a few times. :o

Edited by Maigo6

Scorpion sting on my leg whilst asleep in my house on Samui.Bloody hurt and I was hungover from the previous nights escapades.The only thing that relieved the pain was a cold beer at noon.

Damm, I thought those buggars could kill you? Nothing other than a hurt leg?

Was bitten very badly on the thumb by a cat when i was living in the garbage dump/jungle area on phuket. ended up getting a series of 5 rabies shots after a vietnam war veteran spotted me bleeding profusely ( was 2 days after the tsunami ) mr.cat found out what goes around comes around though..

Edited by cooL_guY_corY

About 3 years ago was in Hui Hin and next day i had a (bite ? what would look like a mossi bite) never thought anymore about it until i travelled back to uk and its progress got very worse, anyway went to Hospital and there did some tests and send to lab and will inform me, got a call 1 week later from tropical Disease University Hospital Newcastle Upon Tyne that i had been bit buy a sand Scorpion,? nothing major but still have this scar today, Never felt a thing or seen a thing when i was supposed to of been bitten by this Sand Scorpion ?

About 3 years ago was in Hui Hin and next day i had a (bite ? what would look like a mossi bite) never thought anymore about it until i travelled back to uk and its progress got very worse, anyway went to Hospital and there did some tests and send to lab and will inform me, got a call 1 week later from tropical Disease University Hospital Newcastle Upon Tyne that i had been bit buy a sand Scorpion,? nothing major but still have this scar today, Never felt a thing or seen a thing when i was supposed to of been bitten by this Sand Scorpion ?

I was bitten on the groin by a sand scorpion whilst putting my shorts on after a footy match! Unfortunately I did Know about it right away!!!!

I thought it was all over !!! The Thai's thought I was behaving like a girl!!!!

:o:D

I was bitten on the groin by a sand scorpion whilst putting my shorts on after a footy match! Unfortunately I did Know about it right away!!!!

I thought it was all over !!! The Thai's thought I was behaving like a girl!!!!

:o:D

Thanks PaulBkk,

So this Is confirmation there do exist, my god i did ask wife about this at time of diagnosis,she laugh she say no such thing as a sand scorpion, mmmmm pleanty of normal? scorpians hovering around now and again outside home, yes look like a typical what we woulld assume what a scorpion looks like, never seen the <deleted>@@@@ that apparanteley bit me, never mind i live lol

Last time I got a bad bite it was actually in America, recently. Three bites in a perfect triangle that were itchy and red for 2 weeks. Five weeks later, can still see them faintly.

bitten by an unseen snake on the ankle walking in flood water,my leg blew up 4 times the size within the hour ,took months for the swelling to go down,hurt like hel_l :o

Was bitten very badly on the thumb by a cat when i was living in the garbage dump/jungle area on phuket. ended up getting a series of 5 rabies shots after a vietnam war veteran spotted me bleeding profusely ( was 2 days after the tsunami ) mr.cat found out what goes around comes around though..

You bit the cat? :o:D

Soundman.

Inadevertantly stood on a large wasp (those things that are the size of sparrows) once, and my foot swelled up balloon-stylee for a day.

A stray (dog) bit my ankle a couple of years back, and I had to have a series of painful rabies shots.

The worst sting I ever had was from a jellyfish whilst swimming in the sea off Nakorn Si Thammarat about 9 years ago. It didn't look like much, but the pain was intense.... :o

A few months back, a Bee got inside my shirt while I was on the motosai, it stung me on the left nipple, really painful, but only for a few minutes. I did think that I was having a cardiac arrest at the time though.

i was stung by a scorpion two rainy seasons ago. it was hiding on my bed!!! i was also bitten by a spider, but it wasn't poisonous. and ants, everytime i walk barefoot outside. also those tiny jellyfish (sea lice?) in the water get me too. had a couple snakes try to bite me when i was shooing them out of my house, but they didn't succeed. dogs try to bite as well, with no success so far.

On the sole of my foot by one of these centipeds - didn't break the skin but powerful jaws on the bugger.

We found one of those nasty buggers in our bathtub a few weeks ago, and this is a condo in BKK! Crawled up thru the drain I think. Now, every night we plug the drain.

White scorpion sting on back of right ankle (two German nurses threw me on a table and cleaned it twice daily; pea-sized scar still visible after 10 years); red ant bites many times (searingly painful for about 10 minutes, but women can deal with that); centipede bite on right rib (swoll up immediately and hurt like a red-hot poker stab; actually went to a doc, who asked if a dog bit me; judging from the size of the fang marks it was a dam small dog; anyway, bad pain and itching for many months); no snake bites as my dogs always forged the jungle trail to the river. Many stray dog bites; maybe that's why I foam at the mouth -- never had rabies shots. Oh, I'm still alive.

Working away the day on my computer/phone/skype, with TV forum open in one window; 2 excel sheets on another and a powerpoint or two, and I don't like aircon so work nud_e. I know...gross thought, but it works for me. Anway, I got bitten by nasty red ants on my privates and it swelled to such an extent I looked like Johnny the wad Holmes.

My wife got bitten by nasty black flying bugs on her bottom and it created a scar that is still there years later.

Just wondering, where have you been nailed, under what circumstances, and what was the outcome??

What are these things? One whizzed in the door one night and got me twice on the left index finger. It was like someone jabbed me with a red hot soldering iron. Much swelling but fortunately no festering or scarring. I always have a tube of steroid cream for such emergencies though

What are these things? One whizzed in the door one night and got me twice on the left index finger. It was like someone jabbed me with a red hot soldering iron. Much swelling but fortunately no festering or scarring. I always have a tube of steroid cream for such emergencies though

Your profile says you're in Chiang Rai. Well, we live in both Phuket and Bangkok, and I've only seen those big long-bodied black flying bugs (some sort of bee maybe?) in Phuket. They live in the bamboo and wood tables and chairs, and if you frequent outdoor restaurants you will often have a Ja Ai! surprise when one of those pops out to say hello just as you're biting into something.

Your profile says you're in Chiang Rai. Well, we live in both Phuket and Bangkok, and I've only seen those big long-bodied black flying bugs (some sort of bee maybe?) in Phuket. They live in the bamboo and wood tables and chairs, and if you frequent outdoor restaurants you will often have a Ja Ai! surprise when one of those pops out to say hello just as you're biting into something.

the big black wasp like bug is, I believe, a mud dauber wasp. My husband calls them maeng mah bah, crazy dog bug because when they bite a dog the dog goes crazy for awhile. Don't know of the effect on people as I avoid these bugs as much as possible

See my thread maeng mah bah in the Pets forum for details :o

Anyway, I've been stung by a black scorpion (out in the coconut plantation). The tip of my thumb where it stung me was numb for a week. Very scary.

Also stung by a small brown scorpion, felt like a bee sting. Fortunately never been bitten by those awful centipedes.

thats funny mate, and i suppose you made a meal of cat moo dang. :o

On my first night of a visit to a gf's family home I was eaten alive by mozzies. They seemed to have concentrated on my willy which rendered it "inoperative" for a few days.

Straying off topic slightly I was ambushed one evening in Africa by a large hornet-like creature who was laying in wait on the seat of my car. It managed to get me three times in the back before I could jump out of the car and it was extremely painful.

Staying off topic some more I was at a social occasion last year in southern France when a large ant snuck into my undies and started biting my scrotum. I was quickly obliged to excuse myself to the bathroom as I found it extremely difficult to keep up a polite dinner-table conversation while a set of red-hot fangs was nipping my nuts.

Ah, no. we have them here as well, this was a definite long bodied beetle about 19mm long. It bit or stung me then got me again when I tried to brush it off with the next finger. It fell to the floor where is rapidly became barely recognisable as an insect due to being tromped on. My Mrs inspected the remains and agreed they were bad news.