Phony Marriage / Green Card gang busted USA

Unholy matrimony: Suspects arranged 400 ‘sham marriages’ for green cards: feds

April 7, 2022

Nearly a dozen California residents were busted for arranging hundreds of “sham marriages” between Americans and immigrants who paid to get green cards out of the bogus nuptials, the feds said Thursday.

Marcialito “Mars” Biol Benitez, 48, was the alleged ringleader of the Los Angeles “agency” that paired US citizens with foreign national clients and staged weddings filled with prop decorations and online officiants, according to the Department of Justice

Benitez and his ten cohorts would then submit fake wedding pictures with false documents and petitions to US Citizenship and Immigration Services, and coach the newlyweds through interviews with immigration officials, prosecutors alleged.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/07/california-suspects-arranged-400-sham-marriages-for-green-cards-feds/

Wouldn't this need 400 single people willing to get married? And facing risk of fraud for how much$$.   The fee it says was 20-30 k total so what did the fake spouses get? I was offered 50k by a Vietnam woman I chatted with on a dating site. 

Edited by Elkski

43 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Wouldn't this need 400 single people willing to get married? And facing risk of fraud for how much$$.   The fee it says was 20-30 k total so what did the fake spouses get? I was offered 50k by a Vietnam woman I chatted with on a dating site. 

Where did you go on your honeymoon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Many years back when Clark Air Base was open in the Philippines, my friend told me he was offered $5,000 US to marry a filipina and once the paperwork would clear, he would never have to see her again.