How to verity the address my car has its registration on?

About 2 years ago I bought a new car and there was some issues with my living address because my WorkPermit has my old living address and Labour refuses to update the address. They just say they do not update any longer and the dealer said its no problem, they put my old address at the time of purchase, and then changed the address to my new address.

But after having the car for almost two years, I have not received a single letter with regards to my car (Except the monthly payment from the leasing company that is also handles the Insurance and TAX) I have not received any speeding ticket or any other letter. And my friends complain they get tickets every now and then. When I have my old car (Was registered on my GF we got some tickets for speeding and crossing white line) My friends cars is also registered in their Thai wife's names. Can it be when they se my farrang name they don't bother to send the bill? 

How can I verify what address the car is listed at?  

2 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

I don't get the book until the car is payed in full, I will however go through other documents I got.

True, you won't get the blue car registration book until the car is paid in full, however, they should be willing to give you a photocopy of the book, especially the page that lists your address (in Thai).  That's the only document I can think of that will have the address for that vehicle.

If they won't give you a copy of the book (and they should because you are expected to have a copy in the vehicle) they should at least be able to give you the address as stated in that blue car registration book.

Edited by skatewash

32 minutes ago, skatewash said:

If they won't give you a copy of the book (and they should because you are expected to have a copy in the vehicle)

I got a copy from them saying "Listed list" when i translate, and This document states my old address in Thai .

These documents was handed to me after purchase and dealer said they would correct the address after purchase, so I guess that never happened, I will ask the Leasing company if they only corrected where to send their bills.

38 minutes ago, skatewash said:

That's the only document I can think of that will have the address for that vehicle.

Until the lease is paid in full it will probably be the address of the current owner, e.g. the lease company. At least that's what my blue book show's, the first listed owner is the lease company.

What address do you get the annual tax document and mandatory insurance sent to?

4 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Until the lease is paid in full it will probably be the address of the current owner, e.g. the lease company. At least that's what my blue book show's, the first listed owner is the lease company.

What address do you get the annual tax document and mandatory insurance sent to?

I get it to my current address from the leasing company with the Monthly bill for the lease. and they take care of every thing for a small fee. Insurance and service is included with the purchase of the car for the first 3 years.

3 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

I don't get the book until the car is payed in full, I will however go through other documents I got.

No need to do that. The car is in the leasing company´s name, until you have paid it full.

5 hours ago, Eaglekott said:

So they pay my speeding tickets then ????

No they will be passed on to you at the address they hold for you.

If tickets are not paid they will possibly be held back until the car is in your name and you try to tax the car.

• Like 1