First Dowsing, Songkran, 2022

Stubby

Who nailed you? Foreigners or Thai’s ???

In Bangkok I find pretty much everyone to be respectful of motorcycle riders if they are not in the ‘main water throwing area’s’.

Close to the ‘main water throwing area’s’ the stereotype of the pi$$ed up idiot foreigner usually plays out and there is some western tool trying to ‘hit’ motorcyclists with a wall of water.

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

In Bangkok I find pretty much everyone to be respectful of motorcycle riders if they are not in the ‘main water throwing area’s’.

Close to the ‘main water throwing area’s’ the stereotype of the pi$$ed up idiot foreigner usually plays out and there is some western tool trying to ‘hit’ motorcyclists with a wall of water.

There were no foreigners where I was, but I didn't see who did it. Probably teenagers, though. I can remember how stupid things seemed funny when I was a youngster. Dangerous, yes, but still funny if you're a kid... unless something tragic happens. Anyway, I've got enough supplies in now, so I'll stay off the roads for the next few days.

Drunk foreigners along roadside tourist hotspots are a real pain in the ass during normal times. One of these days, they'll pick on the wrong bloke and end up with a bloody good horsewhipping ????

• Like 2

On 4/12/2022 at 3:05 PM, richard_smith237 said:

In the main water throwing areas both foreigners and Thais are the culprits, but out of town, it's almost exclusively locals. In the Banglamung area, both in and out of town, motorcyclists are fair game. In fact, they seem to be the favourite target. No way would I take my m/bike out during Songkran, which in the Pattaya area, has about another nine days to go.

On 4/12/2022 at 2:27 PM, JoePai said:

Simple answer - don't go out for a few days !

Sound advice. Remember, years ago, being a pillion rider on a motorbike, going up a really steep mountain in Patong, suddenly being doused (both) with a big bucket of water... dangerous!

Another time, also in Patong, having paste smeared into my ear so that I couldn't hear well for days.

Songkran, the time for me to stay at home, which doesn't make much of a difference as for the ongoing pandemic...

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Any photos of the celebrations of n CM?  Wondering if it's worth going into the city to throw some water for a couple of hours?

Won't bother if it's too quiet. 

check my post----seems most of the action is contained at TP gate and some hot spots

• Like 2

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What a shower of ignoramuses putting peoples life in danger like that. I hope they rot in hell.

Does that saddo emoticon actually say that someone thinks it is OK to throw a bucket load of water at a motorbike traveling about 60 kph?

• Like 1