Leaking Spanish tile roof, help!

PeterA

House is about 5 years old now. Builder long gone. I have a steep roof line, and where different angles meet, the rain is run into narrow aluminum pans that lead to the gutters. When a heavy downpour comes, the water gets under the tiles and into the house. I keep the leave out of the areas where the water runs as best as I can. I either need someone to come look to tell me how to fix it, or give me price quotes for them to fix it. 

House is just outside Phimai. Thanks. 

BCD_7261 (2).JPG

BCD_7262 (2).JPG

Had same problem when I built my house. The metal pan under the valley wasn't wide enough for the heavy rains. Had to lift the tiles and replace. Maybe rusted out?

addition

Maybe since they didn't give you much space to clean out, there maybe build up lower down under the tiles that is re-routing the water from the middle. You could try cutting the tiles back a bit to make it easier to clean.

Edited by bunnydrops
addition
  • Like 2

On 4/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, bunnydrops said:

Had same problem when I built my house. The metal pan under the valley wasn't wide enough for the heavy rains. Had to lift the tiles and replace. Maybe rusted out?

addition

Maybe since they didn't give you much space to clean out, there maybe build up lower down under the tiles that is re-routing the water from the middle. You could try cutting the tiles back a bit to make it easier to clean.

I did that on one corner. It did not seem to matter. I guess the pan is too shallow and narrow. 

• Like 1

On 4/13/2022 at 1:36 PM, bunnydrops said:

That's usually what causes the most leaks in the valleys - accumulated debris or dust restricting the flow.

Narrow valley liners is another common issue.

• Like 2