Thailand Pass experiences

Recently had first attempt at Thailand pass rejected.  All required paperwork including passport, flight details, vaccination and Agoda Test and Go booking submitted.

Response was-

Your hotel has rejected your registration in the Thailand Pass system due to incomplete / non-compliance documents. Please contact your hotel directly for more information

id had no direct contact with the hotel before application for the pass.

I suspect I need to provide them with arrival details and that they have to acknowledge this before the Pass issued.

Anyone have any experience of this?

I believe I have to reapply from scratch once sorted with the hotel?

A warning to others applying at least.

Thanks in advance for any constructive advice

I submitted my materials on Saturday with Agoda confirmation.  Early Monday came the hotel's official confirmation which I submitted as an add-on using my Thailand Pass number to access my account.  Got approved late Monday morning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, howlee101 said:

Here is a snippet of my Agoda confirmation....did your confirmation have the same information regarding pickup and covid test?

image.png.146e2722b9da394fac6eba10cb903f15.png

Exactly the same as mine... I’ve booked all my Sandbox and Test&Go stays through agoda without any issue. 

I suspect the Op may have booked an SHA Plus+ hotel through agoda, but not a ’Test&Go’ package. 

3 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

For Thailand pass in February I submitted a separate letter from the hotel itself that confirmed the details of my stay.  From my experience just submitting the Agoda confirmation letter is not enough.  

I’ve only ever submitted the agoda confirmation letter - its enough if it states the following: 

- Booking Type - Special Entry Program

- Airport Transfer

- PCR Test

- ATK Test 

- Booking is Fully Pre-Paid 

Hotel.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Chillypom said:

Response was-

Your hotel has rejected your registration in the Thailand Pass system due to incomplete / non-compliance documents. Please contact your hotel directly for more information

OP.. Which hotel did you book ???

(the hotel also needs to confirm your booking on the Thai Pass system - if they don’t do this you will face a delay or rejection) 

40 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

I used Royal Vacations Thailand as agent to deal with all this <deleted> in February.  Seamless and trouble free for everything.

Totally agree - I used them for my entry into Thailand last October - Highly recommended.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chillypom said:

I suspect I need to provide them with arrival details and that they have to acknowledge this before the Pass issued.

Anyone have any experience of this?

I believe I have to reapply from scratch once sorted with the hotel?

The hotel can approve the booking on the Thailand Pass system without your details. 

The hotel just needs your arrival time and flight number for pickup and the passport copy for the booking. 

IF the hotel are not giving you a smooth run - cancel (if fully refundable) and go with a different hotel. 

IF you can’t cancel (i.e. its not fully refundable) communicate with the hotel, get them to confirm they have confirmed your booking with the authorities (Thai Pass) and then re-apply. 

Approval ‘should' come within a day or two. 

2 minutes ago, RedArmy said:
44 minutes ago, 86Tiger said:

I used Royal Vacations Thailand as agent to deal with all this <deleted> in February.  Seamless and trouble free for everything.

Totally agree - I used them for my entry into Thailand last October - Highly recommended.

How much (or how much extra) ?

it's hotel which needs your flight details, no thailand pass.

Have you included insurance?

Also there is a chance you booked hotel only, without pcr and transport.

Proper hotels would cost from around 3500b.

Anything cheaper is not a proper booking. Would have to talk with hotel how to top up.

There is an option of contacting hotel before booking.

I would find their phone number and call them (mind songkran holidays, will delay reply)

Edited by internationalism

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

For me it wasnt about the money - I am not very good with computers & i only had 4 weeks to get all my stuff together - I had enough to deal with without all the extra hassle of applying for a COE.

I just sent them a copy of my passport, flight iteneary & proof of vaccination - They booked my 2 weeks sha + hotel, 3 booked Covid tests, airport pick up, Covid insurance & applied for my COE. When everything was ready, they emailed everything for me to print out myself - I think i paid 30,000 baht for this service - Its not so expensive now obviously.

Ps: This company can even apply for your tourist visa for you.

16 minutes ago, RedArmy said:

For me it wasnt about the money - I am not very good with computers & i only had 4 weeks to get all my stuff together - I had enough to deal with without all the extra hassle of applying for a COE.

I just sent them a copy of my passport, flight iteneary & proof of vaccination - They booked my 2 weeks sha + hotel, 3 booked Covid tests, airport pick up, Covid insurance & applied for my COE. When everything was ready, they emailed everything for me to print out myself - I think i paid 30,000 baht for this service - Its not so expensive now obviously.

Ps: This company can even apply for your tourist visa for you.

For 30,000 baht anyone would also apply for your visa too !!!! 

I went though the CoE process twice - the first time it was a little more long winded because there was no clear information (I was on one of the first CoE repatriation flights allowing foreigners to Thailand).

The second CoE took 15 mins to submit (had all the documentation ready) and took 3 hrs 7 mins to be approved (from submission to approval). 

Sandbox was also via the same CoE process but also with PSAS PCR bookings and took a day to be approved. 

Test&Go #1 took 5 days and was a hassle - the system didn’t work at the beginning.

Test&Go #2 Took 3 days for approval (15 mins to submit)

Test&Go #3 Took 2 days for approval (15 mins to submit)

Test&Go is a lot more simple now and the submission of the application can be measured in minutes (especially if we have the documents prepared and ready which is simple enough).

- The insurnace is easy (650 baht - 30 days, up 85 years old) - the T&G page has a link.

- It takes less than 30 seconds to convert a document to JPEG.

- Agoda bookings are instant (and refundable with easy cancel). 

Edited by richard_smith237

14 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

For 30,000 baht anyone would also apply for your visa too !!!! 

I should have asked you mate.

Anyway, it was what it was & i was very happy with the outcome & the service that they provided me with - The whole COE process at that time, was causing me sleepless nights - Dont forget, that this price also included 2 weeks in a very nice hotel in Phuket - i upgraded my room & came with breakfast too.

Personally, if i had to do it all again, i wouldn't change a single thing - i would use RV again & be happy to pay for their services.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

As I recall my math to do everything myself would have been 30 or 40 dollars cheaper.   I would pay 40 bucks every day not to deal with tedious bureaucracy. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for your comments,

yes I did book and pay for test and go

yes I did submit booking details including full test and go content to Thailand Pass including flight details, passport, vaccination and insurance.

it would appear that I jumped the gun.  Hotel believed Agoda should tell me to contact them.  Agoda stated they would contact me.

As they hadn’t received the same details that I submitted to test and go they rejected and I had to start again.

All fixed now,  perhaps a useful lesson for someone .

Thanks  again for your replies

3 hours ago, RedArmy said:

I should have asked you mate.

Anyway, it was what it was & i was very happy with the outcome & the service that they provided me with - The whole COE process at that time, was causing me sleepless nights - Dont forget, that this price also included 2 weeks in a very nice hotel in Phuket - i upgraded my room & came with breakfast too.

Personally, if i had to do it all again, i wouldn't change a single thing - i would use RV again & be happy to pay for their services.

Well.. flippin ek... for CoE, PCR tests, Insurance and 2 weeks hotel (very nice hotel)....

30,000 baht all in.... thats incredible value for money... 

My 1st ASQ was 45,000 baht (15 nights - 35 sqm room)

2nd ASQ was 40,000 baht  (10 nights - 70 sqm 1 BR)

Phuket Sandbox hotels (two of them, a week each came to a bout 50,000 baht) - Pool Villa’s though.... (after so many 2 week locked in room quarantines (other countries too)...  something better was wanted). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chillypom said:

Thank you all for your comments,

yes I did book and pay for test and go

yes I did submit booking details including full test and go content to Thailand Pass including flight details, passport, vaccination and insurance.

it would appear that I jumped the gun.  Hotel believed Agoda should tell me to contact them.  Agoda stated they would contact me.

As they hadn’t received the same details that I submitted to test and go they rejected and I had to start again.

All fixed now,  perhaps a useful lesson for someone .

Thanks  again for your replies

No need to submit a flight ticket to T&G application (information for others). 

It seems that the issue was with the hotel not approving with T&G which is somewhat crappy of them - many hotels simply approve as soon as they receive the booking. Then they e-mail you for further details (arrival date / flight / passport copy). 

Glad you got the issue fixed and have received your Thailand Pass QR Code.

Advice: If you expect (or want it) check with your hotel to confirm that transport will be private - some hotels lump arrivals in the same transport. Then if an accompany van passenger tests positive there is risk of you being forced to quarantine for longer as a ‘proximity case’...   

I’ve not heard of many of these examples, but that is the concern.

I always insist on the hotel confirming private transfers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Chillypom said:

...Your hotel has rejected your registration in the Thailand Pass system due to incomplete / non-compliance documents. Please contact your hotel directly for more information

id had no direct contact with the hotel before application for the pass...

Is it possible that you made a hotel reservation with a booking agency but the agency did not make this reservation on your behalf?

Few days back I emailed a 'test and go' hotel in bkk, got a reply with what they cover. Also stated under Pre Arrival - Passport, Vaccination Cert, Flight details, CV19 insurance to 20k. I assume send these documents to the hotel and then book it on Agoda, I'll be doing this anyway IF necessary come early June.....

Had zero issues when I went for my 1 month stay in Thailand starting in Phuket sandbox in February. From Canada there where many hoops to jump thru but I took my time going through all the information and the trip was great. 

14 hours ago, CANSIAM said:

Few days back I emailed a 'test and go' hotel in bkk, got a reply with what they cover. Also stated under Pre Arrival - Passport, Vaccination Cert, Flight details, CV19 insurance to 20k. I assume send these documents to the hotel and then book it on Agoda, I'll be doing this anyway IF necessary come early June.....

Only if the hotel says they will do the T&G application for you. Usually they do not.

Normally you would do the application yourself and upload the required documents, including the hotel confirmation letter.

• Thanks 1