Just bought a Brother printer but how do i make a address large on A4

kwak250

Hi so i thought it would be a good idea to buy a laser printer 

Brother HL-1110

I can print out an address which is very small on an A4 but has anyone got a easy way to print it much much larger to almost fill the A4 paper

I need it for a few signs and also address labels

I am using a window 10 pc

Any help would be really great

I expect there is an app but just wanting to print large straight from a small address

many thanks

It depends on the source of your address document that you are printing.   You would first select Print (not Quick Print) and adjust as follows.  If the source document is a PDF, increase the "Custom Scale" to get the size you desire.   If your source is a jpg or similar graphic, adjust "Photo Size," with "Full Page" being the largest.   If the source is a Word document, the easiest way would be to increase the font size in the document.  If the source is the web, use ... then zoom to make the text larger and then print. 

6 minutes ago, tjintx said:

It depends on the source of your address document that you are printing.   You would first select Print (not Quick Print) and adjust as follows.  If the source document is a PDF, increase the "Custom Scale" to get the size you desire.   If your source is a jpg or similar graphic, adjust "Photo Size," with "Full Page" being the largest.   If the source is a Word document, the easiest way would be to increase the font size in the document.  If the source is the web, use ... then zoom to make the text larger and then print. 

Pretty good advice even so I don't have a Brother I have a Canon and it similar

OP: If you have the address on paper, then you can use the "enlarge/reduce" or "zoom" function that most printers have available under "options". 

If you do not find this option, make a scan of the paper to your computer and then use one of the options that were explained by the other posters, OR use a snipping tool on your computer to cut out the address, copy it into a word document (use landscape for the page orientation), enlarge it there (just click and draw on a handle point in the corner) and print the document, done.

3 hours ago, CharlieH said:

What software are you using for the address ?

We assume this is PC and not other device ?

Hi its a windows 10 pc

I have put the address on the notepad app and clicked print but not found any options to make the address large.

I will check the answers above and see how i go.

Many thanks

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

How about making the Font larger?

Agree, make the font larger, OP said he's using Windows 10 Notepad.  

Easy to change the font in notepad, select "Format", then "Font", then increase the "Size".  When it's time to print, you can see how the printed product will look before it prints and make any needed adjustments.

• Thanks 1

Thanks so much everyone i have been playing about yesterday for hours trying to sort this out.

Works very well now with select "Format", then "Font", then increase the "Size".  When it's time to print, you can see how the printed product will look before it prints and make any needed adjustments.

Worked like a charm bbko nice easy instructions 

• Thanks 1