Stuck in Germany - but I need to know, how to transfer from my € Account in Thailand to my THB Account in Thailand - same Bank

Hello Community

due to my Health, I am now since to Years in Germany and still unable to travel to Thailand

I have with Bangkokbank a € Account and a THB Account

I would like to transfer some Money from my € Account to my THB Account,

while I am still in Germany ( not travelling to Thailand )

Does anybody have an Idea - or Experience - how to do so?

Thanks in Advance for any helpfull Answer

Cheers

• Haha 1

I suggest that you first call your bank in Thailand and ask for a fluent English speaker. Explain the situation and that, for medical reasons, you are unable to travel to Thailand for the foreseeable future. They may be unhelpful and unwilling to help at first, but if you are polite and persistent, and can have the situation explained to the branch manager, you may find he/she is helpful. If not, I suggest you then take your problem to Bangkok Bank Head Office and go through the same procedure.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Swiss1960 said:

lso, the above mentioned idea of calling would fail completely, as the bank staff would have no whatsoever possibility to identify you

I agree, Kasikorn wouldn't even change my e-mail address without me going into the branch.

I would say it depends on the amount of money concerned as to what action is best.

Smal money forget it until you can get here.

Large amount of money, possibly consider instructing a Thai Lawyer to act on your behalf.

Be careful ! thoroughly check them out etc.

I seriously doubt there is any point contacting the Bank directly as you'll hit a brick wall.

Bank staff are always on edge when interacting with callers. "cannot" is their standard go-to response for almost all requests placed via calls.

Access to mobile banking would be the only way. As for using a letter of authorisation, power of attorney or similar documents, this can be very time consuming and costly to achieve because of this fixation on sighting documents affixed with seals or stamps, in Thai language and in their original form. A document prepared by a foreign notary public might not convince bank staff to act on the instructions within that document.

Irrelevant as it may seem, the alternative would be to transfer from your German bank to your Thai account. I have transferred several times by SWIFT from my DKB account in Berlin to my Kasikorn account. Arrived and credited the following day.    

• Like 2

I have baht  and dollar accounts at Bangkok Bank and with internet access it is easy to transfer between accounts. I had to threaten them that I would take my business elsewhere to get the internet access but that was some years ago. There was an application involved to get internet access

We have no information if you have Internet banking or if you have a card connected to your accounts? If so, you can do and have options.

If not, then your best option is power of attorney to someone you can trust who goes to Thailand.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Bakwan said:

Does anybody have an Idea - or Experience - how to do so?

Do you have inline banking enabled on one or both of these accounts?

Do you use online banking? https://ibanking.bangkokbank.com/

Or the mobile app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bbl.mobilebanking

Do you have a thai mobile number associated with your account(s)?

Is that number active, with International Roaming (or WiFi Calling) enabled?

Without online access - with which I assume you could set up and execute a transfer (within any limits you set) - you'll have to contact BBL in thailand and try to work something out with them.

Bangkok Bank has a simple online system.  But you need to jump through the hoops to set it up.  I think I remember setting up my ibanking at the main branch in Bangkok.  That is the easy way to operate.  They are very helpful there.  It is on Silom Rd one block from the Sala Daeng BTS station.  I use it all of the time to transfer money back and forth in Thailand.  Also to pay bills in Thailand from the USA.  And it is easy to transfer from the US to Thailand using a universal bank transfer. (I expect that the same thing works from Germany.)  Bangkok Bank can transfer money to other accounts, but you need to go into the bank branch to register people and places to pay.  And you can forget to do this when you are in Thailand.  The alternative is to have a Thai telephone that works in your home country.  Bangkok bank will send codes to this phone to authorize changes to your account.  I do not know if ibanking can be setup this way.  But you can try by calling them.  When you setup your accounts.  You should have had a phone number associated with them.  (I keep my Thai phone number active by putting 20-100 Baht into the account using ibanking every 6 months)  I understand that I can pay a fee to use my phone here in the states.  But I have not tried.  I am not sure if you can register your phone in your home country with Bangkok Bank.  But you can try.  For now, I think the best thing is to just send money from Germany into the account you need filled using the universal international transfer system.  Then setup Ibanking the next time you are in Bangkok.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Bakwan said:

due to my Health, I am now since to Years in Germany and still unable to travel to Thailand

I have with Bangkokbank a € Account and a THB Account

Have you called Bangkok Bank to ask then the answer to this serious question or are you going to rely on guesswork from anonymous forum members, many of whom didn't even read your OP properly?     Whatever "answers" you receive here you are going to have to confirm with the bank so why not just ask BBL direct?

BBL's call centre has English-speaking staff available during and outside of normal business hours...+662 645 5555.  Listen carefully to the options and be prepared to hold until staff are available, sometimes patience is needed.  Due to the Songkran holiday you may need to wait until next week. 

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

The OP is trying to transfer money between his two accounts at Bangkok Bank in thailand while physically in Germany.

At least that's what I infer from the first post.

Now if they want to replenish one of these accounts then yes, WISE or a SWIFT transfer, from an account in Germany to a BBL account in thailand would work.

If you are saying it's one account to another within the same bank.  Yes, maybe  these options won't work.  However...I never tried.

It would take less than 2 minutes for the OP to try though.

But I think remitly can. 

It doesn't matter if same bank ...only that it's two different bank accounts. 

Especially if different currencies because that is where they make their profits is in currency exchange.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

If you are saying it's one account to another within the same bank.

I'm not "saying" that. The OP is.

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

But I think remitly can. 

That sounds quite reassuring.

How's this: "I don't think remitly can"?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I'm not "saying" that. The OP is.

That sounds quite reassuring.

How's this: "I don't think remitly can"?

Only way to find out is to take 2 minutes  and try.

I believe you CAN transfer from one account to another account in same bank.  Especially if different currencies.

he'd have to mark Germany as his sending country (his origin), then to what currency he wants to send it to his other account.

if remitly can't, WISE may be able.  Both have their special use cases, and just because one can't, doesn't mean the other cannot as well.

It would take OP 2 minutes to find out yes or no.  If he can't, then the website says that service not possible.  

14 hours ago, Bakwan said:

All the information you want is online available ????

Screenshot_20220415_144846_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CH1961 said:

All the information you want is online available ????

So it is possible, but now we need to know does the OP have ibanking or will it need some more work to set it up for his requirements?

Edited by treetops

Hello Community

thank you very much for your kind Answers to my posting

If I would have iBanking, I would not need to post and ask my Question here

Thanks a lot for your Ideas and Suggestions

Cheers