Need 36 day visa.

Have booked holidays with wife for the 6th time visiting Thailand. 

Never gone past 30 days before but this time our plans end up being in Thailand for 36 days.

What is the best way to ensure no problems at entry.

We are from Tasmania, Australia.

20 minutes ago, Kermit2404 said:

What is the best way to ensure no problems at entry.

Why would you have an issue to enter visa exempt.

As for your options...

You can enter visa exempt and once in Thailand obtain a 30 day extension. Cost 1900baht.

OR you could obtain a single entry tourist visa. That visa would stamp you in for 60 days. 

The small issue with the visa exempt entry is that your return flight is beyond 30 days and the airline at departure may have an issue with that. 

Personally I would obtain a tourist visa. You don't want to be mucking about at immigration for an extension once your in Thailand.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

There is no 36-day visa (you definitely meant permission of stay for 36-days). You can enter visa exempt and extend it for another 30-days or get a TV for 60-day permission of stay. 

Edited by Onerak

Dear DrJack54 and Onerak,

Thanks so much for your replies. I certainly will take your advice and get a 60 day tourist visa.

Is it possible to get the 60 day TV on arrival in Phuket or would it be best to aspply to the Thai Embassy here in Australia? We don't leave until August.

We are doing a final holiday and have plans on retiring in Thailand but not until next year.

Thank you both again for your replies.

6 minutes ago, Kermit2404 said:

Is it possible to get the 60 day TV on arrival in Phuket or would it be best to aspply to the Thai Embassy here in Australia?

Obtain TV prior to travel.

Cannot obtain on arrival

Edited by DrJack54

20 hours ago, Kermit2404 said:

Dear DrJack54 and Onerak,

Thanks so much for your replies. I certainly will take your advice and get a 60 day tourist visa.

Is it possible to get the 60 day TV on arrival in Phuket or would it be best to aspply to the Thai Embassy here in Australia? We don't leave until August.

We are doing a final holiday and have plans on retiring in Thailand but not until next year.

Thank you both again for your replies.

Best bet is to get your Visa in Australia before you leave.

I always submit my application for the Tourist Visa about a month before departure at the Sydney Consulate. It takes usually 2 working days. I usually do it in person at the Consulate..  just in case I've forgotten something.

Don't forget to have some decent Health Insurance for your trip. I'd double check whether they require Covid Insurance incl. in the Health Ins.

In the past I've been using the Health/Travel  Insurance that comes with the Mastercard used to pay for the airfares however they don't have Covid cover.

Main advantage of doing all this in Australia is...  you know it's done!  No extra queue and paperwork at Swampy Airport.