Overstay

Hi everybody in the forum

I am a new member and I find this forum full of useful information and I wondered if I can get advice on my overstay question...maybe a stupid question though but still a question right?

I stayed in the Kingdom for a month and half and I received a month visa at the entrance in Don Muang airport successively I extended my visa with the authorities, but I missed my plane on the return date and the cheapest fare I could find in bangkok was after 9 days for which I paid 1800 bath fine at the airport on my departure (with relative overstay stamp on my passport)

I am planning to go back soon and I wonder if I might have troubles to get another month visa having overstayed in the country...any help or advice?

Thanks

itsme

Hi everybody in the forum

I am a new member and I find this forum full of useful information and I wondered if I can get advice on my overstay question...maybe a stupid question though but still a question right?

I stayed in the Kingdom for a month and half and I received a month visa at the entrance in Don Muang airport successively I extended my visa with the authorities, but I missed my plane on the return date and the cheapest fare I could find in bangkok was after 9 days for which I paid 1800 bath fine at the airport on my departure (with relative overstay stamp on my passport)

I am planning to go back soon and I wonder if I might have troubles to get another month visa having overstayed in the country...any help or advice?

Thanks

itsme

You will be OK. But to CYA why not get a tourist visa at home before you come. That will allow a 60 day stay, and it can be extended by a further 30 days in Thailand.

Thanks everybody,

Yes definitely a rtn ticket is cheaper and I HAD a rtn ticket but I missed my plane on the departure date from BKK. At the time I didn't know I could come back so soon and the reason is the company I used to work for have decided to move into another country to cut costs and say bye bye to all employees in here.

I spent some time in bangkok few years ago and at the time the visa obtained at the airport was valid for 3 month, quite few thing have changed since I was there and all of that catch me unprepared....I just blame myself though as I should have got some info before I went last time. I'll definitely get a visa here next time.

And Kev as for staying... that has been my dream since 1995 and what it stopped me is the fact of not being able to work in bangkok.... unless any of you has info regarding work (I speak italian, english and spanish to mother tongue level but no formal qualifications) I guess I will be stuck here for a little while longer.

I wish I knew of this forum before as most of the info so hard to get are posted here.

I think the best way to thank all of you would be over few beers paid by myself and that maybe possible in the nearest future :o

Thanks guys

itsme