scrap test and go latest good news

hey just thought id pass this on but ive been given some info in the last half hour by a friend from ... can't say but reliable they just received a message whilst here with me stating test and go to be scrapped on 1 may .. no pcr   just apk before departure  no quarantine in LOS this statement was only issued from the top in the last  hour or so ..we all know they change their minds on a whim but for now this is the latest can't disclosure source for certain reasons but as i said reliable ..might start looking for my flights i think 

6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

This is for vaccinated individuals....  The Thailand Pass is still in place...  

Submit insurance docs (US$10,000) and Vaccine certification. 

I'm bit interested in what the "vaccination certificate" would like like in few months.

What I mean, if folk have trips planned months from now their jabs by then would be several months old.

Guess requirements will unfold in time. 

15 hours ago, samtam said:

Still USD10k insurance...don't know the details, (as in for how long), but apparently "for foreigners".

Any updates welcome.

Well my friends just returned from a 10 day trip to Japan, I was SHOCKED to learn they had to pay 5,000 Baht each for a single night in a hotel, when they have a home to go to. And they say that applies to everyone!? Oh but I am not sure if that "everyone", applies to Thais? Hmmm

3 hours ago, Molly Malone said:

Well my friends just returned from a 10 day trip to Japan, I was SHOCKED to learn they had to pay 5,000 Baht each for a single night in a hotel, when they have a home to go to. And they say that applies to everyone!? Oh but I am not sure if that "everyone", applies to Thais? Hmmm

the cheapest AQ hotels on agoda are from 3300b (or from 3900b if booking directly with hotels), that's for single and double/triple would be cheaper per person.

That includes pcr test (some 2000b) and transport from the airport.

Yes, it applies also to thai.

That set up is already since July 2020, since thailand opened borders, so you should not be shocked that much. At that time there was 14 nights quarantine and 3 pcr tests, with totals from 30k. Still, people do travel, because they have to 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Molly Malone said:

How have you not known about Thailand Pass Test & go, or Certificate of Entry ???  - where have you been hiding ???

The requirement to everyone and have done for a long time - Families can obviously share a hotel etc but the PCR tests are per-person and increase the cost. 

The discussions are all pretty much moot now...  entering is now ‘free’ (other than insurance which sensible people have anyway). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

They need to stop the insurance rip off as well.

The insurance requirement has been cut in half, so along with the stop of a required hotel stay and test for vaccinated individuals that means that the “rip off” is down to ฿650 for double the required cover. 
That is such a huge “rip off” I agree you should keep complaining as much as you do.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Figglymiggly said:

Hi all, under the new entry rules to be introduced on May 1st, is it required to purchase insurance from a Thai insurer or will my Ireland private health insurance, with Covid cover, be accepted?

You can use your Irish insurance as long as it meets the requirements. Purchasing insurance from a Thai insurer hasn't been a requirement before this change either. 

13 hours ago, Figglymiggly said:

Many thanks Caldera, i was always of the impression Thai ins was necessary, though never 100% sure.

What is usually required is that your insurance information specifically states the amounts (or greater than the amounts) required under Thai entry requirements.

This has been a problem for at least 1 insured that I know of. His insurance had enough cover, the problem was that it didn’t specifically state the cover in the way immigration wanted it. The end result was a new (and not inexpensive) insurance had to be purchased in the airport.

So TLDR read the Thai immigration requirements, see that your insurance specifically covers them in an easily identifiable way, you will have no problem. If it doesn’t then ฿650 will buy a Thai policy that does.

• Like 2

On 4/23/2022 at 1:35 PM, richard_smith237 said:

How have you not known about Thailand Pass Test & go, or Certificate of Entry ???  - where have you been hiding ???

The requirement to everyone and have done for a long time - Families can obviously share a hotel etc but the PCR tests are per-person and increase the cost. 

The discussions are all pretty much moot now...  entering is now ‘free’ (other than insurance which sensible people have anyway). 

I LIVE here, no intention of going anywhere, so I have ZERO interest in Thai test/go etc. I was quoting two friends who live here also, they went to Japan for 10 days, and paid 5K EACH for a night in a hotel upon return. I don't doubt their story, nor pathetic whingers and know all's! 

• Like 1

On 4/23/2022 at 11:42 AM, internationalism said:

the cheapest AQ hotels on agoda are from 3300b (or from 3900b if booking directly with hotels), that's for single and double/triple would be cheaper per person.

That includes pcr test (some 2000b) and transport from the airport.

Yes, it applies also to thai.

That set up is already since July 2020, since thailand opened borders, so you should not be shocked that much. At that time there was 14 nights quarantine and 3 pcr tests, with totals from 30k. Still, people do travel, because they have to 

I have lived here for 5 years and am NOT leaving, last time I booked into a hotel in Nana it was 600 Bt

per night, and last time I bought PCR tests 6 months ago they cost about 150/200 Bt each, I still have them, unused! It's an ENDEMIC now = the flu etc, time to move on with life...

35 minutes ago, Molly Malone said:

I have lived here for 5 years and am NOT leaving, last time I booked into a hotel in Nana it was 600 Bt

per night, and last time I bought PCR tests 6 months ago they cost about 150/200 Bt each, I still have them, unused! It's an ENDEMIC now = the flu etc, time to move on with life, unless you're a geriatric, obese, smoker or a chronic doomsday dribbler.  

so test&go package is from 3300b. From that some 2000b is for a pcr test (don't confuse it with an atk test 50-200b) and for airport transport 500b. That's some 800b for AQ hotel room.

Your friends chose middle priced hotel - some 2500b per night is within any travellers budged, who can afford 10 days holidays in Japan.

People are moving in and out of thailand all the time, even monthly - for business, family, tourism and many other reasons. 

Some are even forced to do "visa runs" in a new format. They have to leave to prevent overstay and ban

Edited by internationalism