Check List US Visa

Hi All,

I am planning a vacation to the USA with my Thai GF. Is there a "how to" guide or a check list or a "do's and don'ts" list anywhere online for Thai citizens applying for tourist visas?

FYI - I am Irish, and have lived and worked in Thailand for over 10yrs with visa and work permits etc. I have visited the US several times (without GF) during that period. She (Thai GF) is a full time 3rd yr university student, and we have lived together for 3yrs (her name is on the rental lease). I believe she will satisfy the "sufficient reason to return" criteria and since I am not American then there is no risk that I am secretly "returning home to the US" and trying to take her with me under false pretenses. 

Thanks in advance

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, bbko said:

Your relationship with her won't make any difference in her getting a US visa.  She will have to get it on her own merit/qualifications. 

Good luck.

Yes. Thanks for that. I have been telling her this for yonks. I think the most important thing, counterintuitively, is that I am not American. I have hear so many tales of love, US guy wants to take his holiday girl home...... or even short term expat wants to take short term girl home..... its as clear as day, he's relocating back to USA - or it is a high risk of same..... so I can understand the immigration officer saying no. 

Anyway, totally agree. She's gotta get it on her own merit, and if not there are 194 other countries in the world (yes, I had to google that, 555) and it's just a holiday - 10 days from 365, from 80yrs or so that we are on the planet. Perspective, so many folks rate this so highly (which I understand when a decent and honest US citizen wants to bring is decent and honest GF to meet his aged parents etc.); but for me, it's just a holiday. To be honest, I'd prefer to go to Turkey next 555.

Thanks.

7 hours ago, bbko said:

Your relationship with her won't make any difference in her getting a US visa.  She will have to get it on her own merit/qualifications. 

Good luck.

Appreciate the link, and appreciate you took the time to reply.

I was hoping for a layman's guide - sort of "this is what I did" blog type thing. From my personal experience on other bureaucratic processes - often the "requirements" that are described in 80% detail, actually count for 20% of the marks (pereto rule). So often, folks focus on providing lots of info on "A" when they are mostly interested in "B".

Again, thanks for your reply. Several dozen folks have read and not replied. So I appreciated that you have at least tried to help. Thank you.