Groin irritation.

Gandtee

This is the only cream I've found that stops fungal infections.

80bht/tube, use morning and evening until the marks disappear, then once a week probably forever as the fungal spores will have infected your woman and attached to all your clothing/bed-sheets/towels.

Screenshot_20171110-111758.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Sudocrem is just lanolin, an emollient. It will not do anything at all to help a fungal or other infection, might even make it worse my keeping the area moist.

Odds are -- especially now, in the hot season -- that it is either prickly heat or a fungal infection. If there is any sort of cheesy or other discharge or film then it is probably fungal but if not, could be either fungus or prickly heat.

Start by keeping the area clean and dry. Wash several times a day and stand in front of a fan after bathing and dry off completely, this is very important. Do not wear underwear briefs (Boxers are OK) or tight trousers, you want air to circulate as much as possible. Loose cotton pants or shorts are best.

Besides that, if it is prickly heat then the prickly heart pwder sold everythwere in Thailand will help; if it is a fungal infection you will need an anti-fungal like clotrimazole (any pharmacy has).

Thanks Sheryl.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

80bht/tube, use morning and evening until the marks disappear, then once a week probably forever as the fungal spores will have infected your woman and attached to all your clothing/bed-sheets/towels.

Thanks

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

There are many, many creams available with the same active ingrediant.

While there will be quicker initial symptomatic relief from a cream that combines an antiufungal (clotrimazole) with a steroid (betamethasone), it may take longer to get a complete cure because the steroid actually promoted fungal growth. Better to use plain clotrimazole if it is a fungal infection.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sheryl said:

While there will be quicker initial symptomatic relief from a cream that combines an antiufungal (clotrimazole) with a steroid (betamethasone), it may take longer to get a complete cure because the steroid actually promoted fungal growth. Better to use plain clotrimazole if it is a fungal infection.

Never found anywhere in Thailand selling the pure Clotrimazole.

Don't like Quadriderm ........ too many ingredients, too expensive, didn't work as well as Canasone.

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:

Never found anywhere in Thailand selling the pure Clotrimazole.

Countless brands of it, sold everywhere:

• Canazol
  • Clotrimazle GPO
  • Canesten Cream
  • Cotren
  • Defungo

and too many more to list

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Sudocrem is just lanolin, an emollient. It will not do anything at all to help a fungal or other infection, might even make it worse my keeping the area moist.

Odds are -- especially now, in the hot season -- that it is either prickly heat or a fungal infection. If there is any sort of cheesy or other discharge or film then it is probably fungal but if not, could be either fungus or prickly heat.

Start by keeping the area clean and dry. Wash several times a day and stand in front of a fan after bathing and dry off completely, this is very important. Do not wear underwear briefs (Boxers are OK) or tight trousers, you want air to circulate as much as possible. Loose cotton pants or shorts are best.

Besides that, if it is prickly heat then the prickly heart pwder sold everythwere in Thailand will help; if it is a fungal infection you will need an anti-fungal like clotrimazole (any pharmacy has).

Great advise Sheryl. I like the cool tip about using a fan to dry off. (pardon the pun) When I was serving in Singapore many moons ago, there was an RAF Doctor there who advocated no underwear at all!

'I don't care what your mother told you about clean underwear' he would say, 'get them off and let the air in'. Since then I've never worn underwear when living in hot climates.

• Like 1

Is it inflammation, or just itching made worse by scratching?

I get itching about once a fortnight, use an ointment with betamethasone valerate which settles the irritation down in a few minutes.

I used to live metres from the coast in Phuket with constant very high humidity.

My dermatologist recommended that I reduce my shampoo usage and use vinegar as an anti-fungal.

I use a 50/50 mixture of 5% fermented vinegar/water in a spray bottle and apply after a shower then dry in front of a fan. Works a treat after a few days.

I tossed my cotton briefs and changed to satin polyester boxers which resist wetting and don't hold moisture.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Like 1