Trying to register for Thailand Pass for arrival after May 1

beatlebones

I'm a expat resident of Thailand about to return to Thailand on May 4th.

Recently saw that there are some changes to the Thailand Pass requirements for vaccinated travellers.

Apparently you still need to have completed the Thailand Pass BUT when I try to enter my arrival date of May 4th all dates post April 30th are greyed out .

Does that mean I actually dont need the Thailand Pass and I just provide proof of Vaccination and Medical Insurance ?

On 4/24/2022 at 5:40 PM, beatlebones said:

Ok...I will retry 29 April .

If you arrival is on May 4, this is risky. New Thailand Pass system is supposed to be faster, but there will probably be a surge of applications during the first days... from a bunch of people who have been waiting during the week before April 29... and probably bugs to fix.

See this post: 

10 minutes ago, ThLT said:

From https://tp.consular.go.th

Look into it. Contact the Thai embassy in your country.

plusminus7daysTP.png

From this thread: 

34 minutes ago, ThLT said:

If you arrival is on May 4, this is risky. New Thailand Pass system is supposed to be faster, but there will probably be a surge of applications during the first days... from a bunch of people who have been waiting during the week before April 29... and probably bugs to fix.

See this post: 

From this thread: 

But this forum is full of threads with the resident experts proclaiming that nobody's coming because the pubs are closed so why would there suddenly be a "surge of applications"?

AFAIK, the last couple or three adjustments to the entry rules have been easily implemented in TP. Changes in insurance, day-5 RTK testing, ending of sandboxes, etc.. I have no idea why people keep talking about the bugs that made TP such a bit of a lottery last November. When you make an online procedure simpler, there's less things to check and approve so it all goes quicker.

3 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

so why would there suddenly be a "surge of applications"?

There will be a surge the first week because everyone since the announcement will have been waiting to apply with the new system instead. 

I submitted my application for the quarantine free Thailand pass at around 00:30 on the 29th April Thai time. Only annoyance was still requiring documents to be in jpg format and not pdf, but the website worked fine.

11 hours later I had been accepted and emailed the Thailand Pass and QR code, no backlogs or drams.

My arrival date was down as 6th May and the pass states entry valid from 29th April until 13th May.