Force links within a pdf to open in a new tab

prophet01

Evening all

I have a 45 page word report converted to PDF format for issuance.

I've created links within the PDF document to other pages within the document, however, rather than jumping to the linked page I want the linked page to open in a new tab.
I'm using Acrobat XI Pro but there doesn't appear to be any way in the Preference settings to do this although it appears it can be done in the Preference settings in Acrobat DC.

Anyone able to assist?
Cheers

Firstly, I do actually research and attempt to resolve issues myself before turning to others so I know what Google "says".

Secondly, I'm pretty certain that Google doesn't know everything hence asking for others' assistance on the off-chance that they might know something which Google might not.

I'd have thought it was reasonably obvious that I'd done a bit of research from me saying that:

"I'm using Acrobat XI Pro but there doesn't appear to be any way in the Preference settings to do this although it appears it can be done in the Preference settings in Acrobat DC".

Edited by prophet01
  • Haha 1

So I downloaded Acrobat DC on a 7-day trial and will simply cancel the subscription after creating the document.

Trouble is the Preference setting which forces links to open in a new tab/window aren't transferred with the document so anyone else opening the document would have to alter their preference settings.

What I did discover, though, is that links to attached PDFs can be set to open in a new window and so will open in that way by anyone else as the action is connected to the link.

This works with X1 Pro too. Happy days.

Edited by prophet01