Is the art of networking returning in Thailand?

46906603_1060701770769923_7700778427883716608_n.jpg

by Michael Bridge

Getting new business these days for your company is becoming harder unless, of course, you have a huge marketing budget.

Networking is based on the question:

“How can I help?” and not with “What can I get?”

The good news is networking seems to be making a return.

The famous Movers and Shakers events were immensely popular before the pandemic hit, with their high-style evenings attracting large numbers to swanky venues in Bangkok and Pattaya.

After a long "COVID break", Thailand's premier corporate network is returning in style!

This top-class event returns to Pattaya on May 6th and will hopefully also eventually return to Bangkok.

By organizing these gatherings for corporate executives and business professionals, Movers & Shakers grows a sustainable network in Thailand for entrepreneurs of all kinds with their focus on Thailand.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

It is a clever format, with attendees out to meet new contacts across many fields, while having a great nite out at the same time.

It also allows the many beautiful female entrepreneurs to dress up to the nines, and even the guys have been known to turn up in a jacket as well.

It creates a group of acquaintances and associates and keeps it active through regular communication for mutual benefit. 

Business cards are handed out like confetti.

New Venue

To attract the attendees, the organisers have found a new venue to host the event, being the recently opened Courtyard by Marriott.

The hotel is naturally extremely happy to welcome everyone, as they can show off their facilities.

Also, it gives a chance for local companies to sponsor the evening, enabling the organisers to bring on a disco feel with live music, prizes, and loads of great food and drink.

With the pandemic hitting everyone, it is great to see these types of events returning along with Rotary and Chambers of Commerce events running.

All details: https://fb.me/e/2oPUXsxoX 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-04-27

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

By organizing these gatherings for corporate executives and business professionals, Movers & Shakers grows a sustainable network in Thailand for entrepreneurs of all kinds with their focus on Thailand.

Another ponzi scheme for the elite.

Influencers... 

• Thanks 1

My Missus has never stopped net-working for her small shop/salon, she goes to all local weddings, all birthday parties, both temple and School do's, will get up and perform karaoke on stage,  (she actually has a good voice) at all these do's, in front of hundreds of people.  Health Volunteer, and Trash Hero's. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

My Missus has never stopped net-working for her small shop/salon, she goes to all local weddings, all birthday parties, both temple and School do's, will get up and perform karaoke on stage,  (she actually has a good voice) at all these do's, in front of hundreds of people.  Health Volunteer, and Trash Hero's. 

But does she has a laser show in the background like those movers and shakers from above? ???? 

1 hour ago, brianthainess said:

My Missus has never stopped net-working for her small shop/salon, she goes to all local weddings, all birthday parties

Same here. We've got a small BBQ and drink shop in the local market. My missus just causally mentions it whenever we go out. I think that's the real trick, not to be pushy and obvious about it. Nobody likes the hard sell. "Oh, it's been busy at the shop" or "I've gotta pick up more sausages for the shop...", then they go, oh you got a shop? Where? Then they drop by.

This sort of networking is how Issan's been run since like forever. It's how one finds a good guy to clean the aircon, or fix a leak, or has the deal on several kilos of pork. Just word of mouth, somebody knows somebody. If they're good, word is passed on, and it isn't if they're aren't. It's also how I got my current job. Don't waste your time with job searches, just let the missus do her talking.

Rubbing elbows with BKK hi-sos. Uh-huh. I had my fill of it at a disgustingly snooty, superficial BKK private school, and similarly from the pretentious US state I had escaped from. No thanks.