"O" Visa

I am thinking of returning Thailand in the next few moths. Can anyone tell me if the "O" visa multiple entry 1 year is now available. London Thai website is a bit confusing it states under the Visa section that it is available for GBP150. A few years ago they squashed it which was a bit annoying because we own our condo in Chiang Mai & it suited us for he length of stay that we required.

• Haha 1

Non -O- inside Thailand.

Non -OA- (A for abroad then easy to remember) outside Thailand.

Multiple Entry combined with 3800 Baht.

All possible. Yearly Visa extension 1900 Baht. 

Expected fall of all restrictions by 1. June, I guess. 

Meaning: 300 Baht entrance fee will finance in some way unpaid hospital bills from cheap Charlies who get sick:).

All will end by 125C- deaths per day by now.

Open question? Next variants combined with less protections due to the increasing distance to boosters.

BA04 could have the potential due two 2 mutations on the spike but probabilty is low.

We will see.

All the best and wear masks to show respect for Thais.

They wont give up wearing masks due to fear and wish to protect others in case:).

Avoid locations like treetown Pattaya. 

Its a hot spot. It always was. 

Now grill me:).

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Tom H said:

Non -O- inside Thailand.

Non -OA- (A for abroad then easy to remember) outside Thailand.

Multiple Entry combined with 3800 Baht.

All possible. Yearly Visa extension 1900 Baht.

Non O can be obtained outside of Thailand and also  inside Thailand from a visa exempt or TV entry.

Non O-A obtained in own country or country where you have permanent residence status.

The Multiple entry one year visa that the OP is referring to is a visa that allows a maximum stay of 90 days (that can be extended by 60 days to visit wife)

Different animal to a non O marriage.

Edited by DrJack54

6 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

The Multiple entry one year visa that the OP is referring to is a visa that allows a maximum stay of 90 days (that can be extended by 60 days to visit wife)

Different animal to a non O marriage.

It is actually virtually the same animal, just with a longer life span and higher cost, No.5 under.

However the London Thai embassy, according to its website, does not issue the long life animal. Only the single entry version. They do however give a fee for it so the website may not have the definitive information. 
London embassy visa information

So corresponding with the embassy may have a different answer, probably not but an email or 2 costs nothing but a little time.

One of the few places where it has been known to exist is in Laos, though that was pre-pandemic so now maybe different.

97C3802E-CB6D-4D61-BFE2-B1D7946E2052.thumb.jpeg.2c870aec0b79ca59859a055e6e59c37a.jpeg

Edited by sometimewoodworker

1 minute ago, sometimewoodworker said:

It is actually virtually the same animal, just with a longer life span and higher cost.

Has very different financials.

Also very different in other ways. Only gives a 90 day entry (yes that can be extended by 60 to visit wife, then need to exit and reenter.

I wasn't aware that it was available in UK.

Savannakhet was one popular place to obtain previously.

Not aware of currently being issued there.

Phnom Penh is only doing single entry non O and not sure about Saigon.

Makes it very popular with married guys living in Thailand that don't mind a border run.

Would be my visa of choice if married..

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Has very different financials.

Also very different in other ways. Only gives a 90 day entry (yes that can be extended by 60 to visit wife, then need to exit and reenter.

I wasn't aware that it was available in UK.

Apart from the financials and other conditions to obtain it, it is exactly the same once you have it, the entry permission is the same there is just 1 word that is different.

You may be confusing it with the Non-OA which is a totally different animal.

as I pointed out the London embassy website does not list it as being available (Non-O multi entry) but does have a fee for it, so further investigation is a good idea. Thai embassy websites are notorious for having missing or inaccurate information.

as mentioned Laos was the only place where it was easily available, though as there are few if any people going there for a visa today the situation may have changed 

Many/most other embassies/consulates stopped issuing them (or maybe stoped listing them) quite a number of years ago

Edited by sometimewoodworker

6 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

Apart from the financials and other conditions to obtain it, it is exactly the same once you have it, the entry permission is the same there is just 1 word that is different.

I'm referring to living in Thailand.

The non O marriage goes hand in hand with 12 month extentions.

For some folk the fact of having to exit Thailand periodically would be a deal breaker.

On the other hand some guys can't or don't want to use income or money in bank for annual extensions and the ME marriage 12 month visa is solution for them.

In any event out of this chit chat.