$10,000 USD Covid Insurance - Do you know of a place to acquire and the rules?

Longwood50

I am residing in Thailand on a Non-0 visa that expires February 22, 2023.  I am going to Italy/Greece and understand that I will need a covid insurance policy covering $10,000 USD to re-enter. 

1. Do you know if that policy has to be for a minimum number of days or does it have to cover the entire period through the expiration of my current visa? 

2. Do you know of insurance providers that are offering such policies.  I have done a brief internet search and some are still quoting $100,000 USD coverage while others still quoting $20,000 USD coverage.  

3. I "think" that I will still need the Thailand Pass unless it is revoked prior to my return on June 4. 

Like most things in Thailand the rules are as clear as mud.  Most of the insurers want to know my country of departure.  Well I am departing from Thailand but returning.  Are they asking what my citizenship is, or the last country visited before returning to Thailand.  

If anyone has some knowledge on these matters and can steer me to a cost effective insurance company, it would be most appreciated. 

46 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Just 30 days coverage will suffice

Is that correct since I am residing in Thailand and on a visa that does not expire until February 22, 2023.  I posted the question because in the past I had read posts that the insurance coverage had to cover the length of stay in Thailand as shown by the Visa the person was entering Thailand under.  

18 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Is that correct since I am residing in Thailand and on a visa that does not expire until February 22, 2023.  I posted the question because in the past I had read posts that the insurance coverage had to cover the length of stay in Thailand as shown by the Visa the person was entering Thailand under.  

No one is going to stop you if you want to buy covid insurance to cover to the end of your extension.  I came back in March with 30 days covid insurance and my extension expires in September 2022.  This advice has been given many times in this forum.  What other assurance do you need?

21 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

No one is going to stop you if you want to buy covid insurance to cover to the end of your extension.  I came back in March with 30 days covid insurance and my extension expires in September 2022.  This advice has been given many times in this forum.  What other assurance do you need?

I am just trying to establish what the rules are.  I have seen on some sites that the insurance must cover you for the entire length of the entry visa.  Others say 30 days.  No where have I found where they describe if that insurance is a general insurance policy or only a policy that covers Covid. 

2 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

A basic Google search will return multiple possibilities.

Yes it does and all of them conflicting in terms of what needs to be purchased.  That is why I thought someone on this forum might know the answer.  You see before I post I always try to obtain the answer via google.  

52 minutes ago, Longwood50 said:

Yes it does and all of them conflicting in terms of what needs to be purchased.  That is why I thought someone on this forum might know the answer.  You see before I post I always try to obtain the answer via google.  

You are contradicting yourself.  You did your research and you still expecting someone here can give you the answer you want?