EGAT to hold AC Cleaning Workshop to Promote Energy Saving

snoop1130

2a354ed342e86c1d88f531b8b0b335b2_small.png

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Electricity Generating Authority of Thailand (EGAT) is set to hold a workshop to teach people how to clean and choose air conditioners.

According to EGAT, the workshop will be held on Saturday (30 April) at the EGAT Learning Center in Nonthaburi’s Bang Kruai District.

Organizers said participants must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and tested negative via the ATK or RT-PCR method within 72 hours of attending the workshop. Attendees are also required to strictly adhere to Covid-19 preventative measures, such as mask-wearing, hand washing, and social distancing.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

Earlier this month, EGAT dispatched teams of technicians to districts throughout Bangkok to provide free air conditioner cleaning services to as many as 10,000 households to help cut down on energy costs.

Homeowners are advised to clean their air conditioners every six months in order to save up to 10% on electricity consumption and reduce total national energy consumption by approximately 1.3 million units per year.

Those interested in joining the workshop can visit the EGAT Learning Center’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/egatlearningcenter or call 02-436-8952.

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2022-04-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Homeowners are advised to clean their air conditioners every six months in order to save up to 10% on electricity consumption and reduce total national energy consumption by approximately 1.3 million units per year.

All savings to be used for electric vehicles?

• Thanks 1

Holding workshops is useless, Thais won't spend money on maintenance for anything until it's broken. Cars being the main one.

I get my 3 aircon units serviced every year for 600 baht per unit, it takes roughly 1 hour to do each unit. I haven't seen anyone else where I live using the same service.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I get my 3 aircon units serviced every year for 600 baht per unit, it takes roughly 1 hour to do each unit

I have just 2 units but like your good self I have them serviced once a year, both the internal room unit and the external fan/condenser unit. Work completed here in Cambodia by two engineers at a total cost of 20 US$ (700 Baht). It is amazing just how much dust and fluff is removed to improve the free flow of cool air.

Edited by Burma Bill
additional information