Second try to enter Thailand on a new OA visa

Hello ???? I got a brand new OA visa last year in December. For some reason the embassy asked for 400/40K insurance while issuing it, I obliged and provided the same (which turned out to be a mistake)

All happy with this new OA visa, and after getting around all the hassle of booking Thai pass with 7 day quarantine I finally landed in BKK airport just to be stopped by the immigration and telling me that embassy has made a mistake and I need a 3.5M THB insurance. It was pretty evident that, even though the mistake was made by the embassy, airport immigration was not willing to budge on this one. Ultimately they did not agree with me and I have to enter via visa exemption and then return back to my home country. I did went to CW immigration during my stay but they weren't helpful either and asked me to re enter the country to use the O A visa and a proper insurance.

Now, after a couple of months I plan to re enter Thailand on this visa, I already purchased a LMG Long stay 3.5M insurance from an agent but this time I don't want to get into another hassle hence looking for advice and experience.

Is this all I need now? This useless OA insurance certificate which states that I am covered for 3.5M THB? Is there anything else which I should know before doing this second attempt? What all documents is expected from me to be carried at immigration?

TLDR; entering Thailand on new OA visa, look for advice if I have correct insurance and suggestions/experience with airport immigration. Was not allowed to enter with this visa earlier because of incorrect insurance (which for some reason embassy approved)

FCBE83DF-F0BB-4FEB-955D-E88B5023E817.jpeg

Edited by theghizmo

14 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That proof of insurance should be all that is needed for entry using your OA visa.

It will also meet the insurance requirement to apply for Thailand Pass.

Why 3.5 million insurance? I remember it was 400/40K insurance. When did that become 3.5 million? I used to get OA when there was no insurance requirements and when they made  insurance requirement, I switched to an agent to convert the visa in to extension by paying 15K (no insurance required) and did so for the last two years but now re-entry permit has expired. I have to restart the process. Not sure if I get a Non-O or enter visa exempt (Or TV) this summer. 

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

Why 3.5 million insurance? I remember it was 400/40K insurance. When did that become 3.5 million? I used to get OA when there was no insurance requirements and when they made  insurance requirement, I switched to an agent to convert the visa in to extension by paying 15K (no insurance required) and did so for the last two years but now re-entry permit has expired. I have to restart the process. Not sure if I get a Non-O or enter visa exempt (Or TV) this summer. 

The rules have changed now, if interested in details have a look here.

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/4vomUwch7u/2022-1-26/The_Amendment_to_Additional_Criteria_for_Purchasing_Health_Insurance_fo_Non-Immigrant_O-A_Visa.pdf

9 hours ago, Onerak said:

For a new Non-OA visa application it was changed on October 1st of 2021.

For those on a OA visa issued before October 1st it will be required on September 1st of this year.

Clear info is here. https://longstay.tgia.org/guidelineoa