Re-entry permit, recommend insurance

4 minutes ago, Humpy said:

I've lived here for 23 years and have a retirement visa. If I spend two weeks holiday in UK and return , what insurance cover will I need ?

10k covid insurance for 30 day cover sufficient. 

The 23 years is irrelevant. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Humpy said:

I've lived here for 23 years and have a retirement visa. If I spend two weeks holiday in UK and return , what insurance cover will I need ?

If you have lived here for that length of time, and are asking about trip/return insurance, it is virtually impossible that you have a visa. You are almost certain to have an extension of stay. The insurance requirement for an extension of stay and re-entry is dependent on the visa you held when you first got an extension of stay 23 years ago was it a Non-O (no insurance required) or a Non-OA (insurance required)?

If you are asking about travel insurance to cover you in the U.K. that will depend on your perception of the risks involved and you should get a policy to provide sufficient medical (you are not entitled to NHS free service), and other benefits.

If you are asking about insurance cover to enable you to re-enter Thailand and you will be returning between May 1st and May 31st you need 30 days $10,000 COVID-19 insurance (cheapest 650 Baht as of today) 

If you are asking about insurance cover to enable you to re-enter Thailand and you will be returning on or after June 1st there is no current information but the suggestion is that COVID-19 insurance requirement will stop. It is unlikely to be decided until the last week in May. If you are returning in June and don’t want to wait then the 650 Baht insurance is a cheap choice as it will be enough 

Edited by sometimewoodworker

I have a Cigna insurance that specifically includes COVID coverage. Can anyone tell me whether this is sufficient to get the Thai pass ( with a certificate from Cigna) or should I take also a 30 day COVID insurance with a Thai insurance company, regardless? I am still not sure about this.

Thank you.

I'm sure some will take delight in correcting me if I'm wrong. I thought I read that, when re-entering Thailand on a re-entry permit/extension of stay, you are required to have insurance coverage from the date of re-entry to the date of extension renewall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anant72 said:

I have a Cigna insurance that specifically includes COVID coverage. Can anyone tell me whether this is sufficient to get the Thai pass ( with a certificate from Cigna) or should I take also a 30 day COVID insurance with a Thai insurance company, regardless? I am still not sure about this.

Thank you.

It should be accepted when you apply for a Thailand Pass if it states it will cover covid 19 treatment here.

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I'm sure some will take delight in correcting me if I'm wrong. I thought I read that, when re-entering Thailand on a re-entry permit/extension of stay, you are required to have insurance coverage from the date of re-entry to the date of extension renewall.

As stated many times already only 30 days is required to get a Thailand Pass.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

For OA, yes. This is also what I seek recommendations for.