How to save a topic in a thread.

carlyai

I want to save a topic, with all the posts, in the Electrical Alternate Energy thread. I can click on the topic and get a link ( which I email to myself) and I get a link to all the alt. energy topics but don't know how to just save 1 specific topic and associated posts.

How about this:

In the opening post of the topic, in the upper right hand corner there are 3 dots:  image.png.7d7d0e0188113436d3f7461a89372ef3.png

Right click on those 3 dots and a drop down menu will show up:  image.png.cd9631d3a7b41ddec3878a3a8bdbcb79.png

Click on that Copy link address, then go to your email and right click and select Paste:

image.png.485acd3c078392fbef53401821b33ba1.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, metisdead said:

How about this:

In the opening post of the topic, in the upper right hand corner there are 3 dots:  image.png.7d7d0e0188113436d3f7461a89372ef3.png

Right click on those 3 dots and a drop down menu will show up:  image.png.cd9631d3a7b41ddec3878a3a8bdbcb79.png

Click on that Copy link address, then go to your email and right click and select Paste:

just BOOKMARK the page ???????!!!!!

• Like 1

Click the 3 dots at the top of the first post in a topic.

image.png.b54542eedaf9692141e95f337304cf9e.png 

That will bring up a link for it. image.png.84e0867211a13f688071964ccbd25d97.png

Then right click the link to copy it and then paste it where you want to save it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

If "save" would mean to have a local/offline copy, print, PDF there would be other means. Not sure from the OP.

All the "solutions" depicted so far only deal with the link adress, but leave the stored data on the forum server untouched. Would for some reason someone decide to delete these data on the forum server, then the OP would have no backup at all. If the thread is not too long (some hundred or thousand posts) and the topic is of very much importance then you might copy the data with ctrl-c ctrl-v in a word document or to any format you like and rearrange the result until it is readeable. There are as well free programs like "FastStone capture" (very much recommended) which let you copy what you see on the screen selectively. You may then compose all the snapshots into one document again (like in a word file). You might not be able to copy the data directly unless the forum provides for a download possibility itself (it does not as far as I know) for you have no access rights on that server. I am not even sure if all this content is copyrighted anyway. A moderator will sure know what you may do or notabove sharing the link. Sharing the link is not the same as posessing the data I think.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Would for some reason someone decide to delete these data on the forum server, then the OP would have no backup at all.

The chances of it ever being removed from the forum are very small unless it was removed shortly after being posted for a violation of the forum rules. At the most it could be archived to where replies are no longer allowed.

I am aware of topics that are still saved going back more than a decade or more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, metisdead said:

How about this:

Did that. ????

• Like 1