My name in House Registration book in a rental condo in Jomtien

I have a rental condo with 10-year lease in Jomtien. Can I put my name in the house registration book? The owner lives in Banglamung and will cooperate with any paperwork needed, including chanute, ID card etc. Owner does not live in the same condo. Is it possible and what is the process?

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Can't put it in the blue book. Could try the yellow book but it's a big PITA to do that if you are under Pattaya City Hall

Don't know anything about blue or yellow. Any house registration book. What kind of PITA? Do they ask for documents that are hard to obtain or unwilling to do so unless done through an agent? Is there any agent that can do that?

14 minutes ago, Onerak said:

Don't know anything about blue or yellow. Any house registration book. What kind of PITA? Do they ask for documents that are hard to obtain or unwilling to do so unless done through an agent? Is there any agent that can do that?

Look for threads on "yellow book" and you can get the detail how to apply. One agent quoted 5,000 baht

If you have the owners cooperation, you can go in the yellow book and get a pink ID etc. (Yellow book is house registration for foreigners, blue is for Thais)

The main requirement is an official MFA translation of your name into Thai.

See below for Pattaya City Hall requirements.

You dont need to be married, but the marriage process already produces the required documents/translation (3-4 on the list)

yellow.jpg

Edited by Peterw42

52 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

One agent quoted 5,000 baht

With an agent do I still need all the paper works? For example for immigration retirement extension I use an agent and I don't need to submit any paper work except my lease (no TM 30, 90-day report etc.). While buying or selling a car/motorcycle I used an agent, I did not need any paperwork for example residence certificate. If no paperwork needed, I am ready to pay 5K. Is it possible you can post the agent info or PM me. Thanks. 

FYI: I bought a condominium in Bangkok and maybe a month later I visited an office to get a Tabian Baan.

My name is on the chanote. But my name is not in the Tabian Baan. At the office they told me I have to have at least Thai residency to get my name into the Tabian Baan. I have a Thai business visa and work permit - that is not enough.

So if you don't have Thai Residency I guess you won't be able to get you name inside that book.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Onerak said:

With an agent do I still need all the paper works? For example for immigration retirement extension I use an agent and I don't need to submit any paper work except my lease (no TM 30, 90-day report etc.). While buying or selling a car/motorcycle I used an agent, I did not need any paperwork for example residence certificate. If no paperwork needed, I am ready to pay 5K. Is it possible you can post the agent info or PM me. Thanks. 

From memory the agent required basic info whereas going direct it was very onerous. I deleted the agent Line, maybe check a few. 5k wasted i reckon especially if not an owner

On 5/2/2022 at 7:28 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

FYI: I bought a condominium in Bangkok and maybe a month later I visited an office to get a Tabian Baan.

My name is on the chanote. But my name is not in the Tabian Baan. At the office they told me I have to have at least Thai residency to get my name into the Tabian Baan. I have a Thai business visa and work permit - that is not enough.

So if you don't have Thai Residency I guess you won't be able to get you name inside that book.

That's for the blue house book. You could have your name in a yellow house book though