Junior software developer salary in BKK

Hello,

what is a fair junior software developer salary in BKK?

I'm looking for a couple young locals to hire through a PEO for my foreign business, but I'm not sure about the market. Considering what I've found so far around 400.000 baht/year of gross salary + 5%-10% yearly bonus, 40h/week + a couple of weeks of paid vacations seems to be a good offer for a junior position. Is it too much/too low?

Any feedback would be appreciated ????

Edited by Alex80

You did not ask this question I know but ..... take 5/6 on for 2 months. After the two months take on the best two direct. The PEO will take a big cut and you will never have loyalty from them while they are with the PEO.

My personal experiences with PEOs was negative when I used them myself. At 400k they will probably take home 20-25 a month, thats not enough IMHO unless its something very simple. 

What they are developing in is going to make a big difference as well.

Edited by Whale

1 minute ago, Whale said:

You did not ask this question I know but ..... take 5/6 on for 2 months. After the two months take on the best two direct. The PEO will take a big cut and you will never have loyalty from them while they are with the PEO.

My personal experiences with PEOs was negative when I used them myself. At 400k they will probably take home 20-25 a month, thats not enough IMHO.

I know PEO isn't the best. The figure I suggested were after the PEO cut. Unfortunately I don't have enough budget to start a proper company or branch in Thailand at the moment, so I don't have much choice.
On the plus side, as company representative I live and work in BKK already so it's up to me to select and then engage and motivate the team.

• 1 month later...