Launderette employee robbed of gold necklace at knifepoint - CCTV captures the crime clearly

webfact

ปกเว็บ-20-1-768x433.jpg

Daily News Thai Caption: All done in broad daylight!

Police in Muang District of Rayong have clear CCTV after a brazen daylight robbery of an employee at a downtown coin-op launderette.

Samrong Sindee, 54, the manageress of the Otteri Wash & Dry shop in Nern Phra sub-district, said she was working when a man came in armed with a knife of about five inches in length, reported Daily News.

He was about 165 cms tall dressed in a black jacket, jeans with a full face helmet and surgical mask.

Keep up to date with all things Thailand - Join our daily ASEAN NOW Thailand Newsletter - Click to subscribe

S__17375313-1024x575.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He told her to stay calm and hand over her one baht weight gold necklace (worth about 31,700 baht at today's prices).

The man escaped on a red motorcycle heading for the beach. A neighbor called the cops for her.

Police radioed ahead but the robber had disappeared. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-05-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

for about a week I thought of buying like 3-4 baht, like 100k.....investment mainly. 

then I thought of all the negatives.    and it was 1 million negatives to like 1/2 positive (price goes up).

my watches are only about 15,000 each......maybe a little more.  not sure I'll die over them.  maybe.   don't think things have got that bad.  gold you can easily resell...not a watch outside of the Rolexes of the world.

Edited by Iamfalang